Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by basser38 View Post
    Does battle Born make a starting battery for a 3.0l merc..
    I know lith pro and i think relion does but they are expensive.. ive raecently read a couple of articles where lithium has come down in price like 70% since 2012 why are these batteries still so expensive..i dont not have a link but a google search will bring it up..
    As of now Battle Born does not have a cranking battery.. I do know they are working on one.

2. Member
    Hopefully the competition will bring the prices down..any idea how far out are they..also anyone use a smart battery anymore , they have a 100 ah battery for around 1200.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by basser38 View Post
    Hopefully the competition will bring the prices down..any idea how far out are they..also anyone use a smart battery anymore , they have a 100 ah battery for around 1200.
    I'm in the process of retrieving data from my 250 pro xs. As a matter of fact I took some today. As to how far out they are I'm not for sure I just know they/we are working on it. I can tell you I fished 7 hrs today and my trolling batteries felt like I just took them off charge all day long.

Just thought I would add I checked voltage on all 3 batteries after a 7 hr day and I measured 13.33 volts exactly on all 3 batteries with a fluke 787 meter.
    Last edited by Buck456; 08-05-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I'm in the process of retrieving data from my 250 pro xs. As a matter of fact I took some today. As to how far out they are I'm not for sure I just know they/we are working on it. I can tell you I fished 7 hrs today and my trolling batteries felt like I just took them off charge all day long.
    What data are you trying to get from the opti?

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    What data are you trying to get from the opti?
    Basically max current draw and for how long when starting it.

6. Member
    Reserve capacity is measured at 25 amps. 210 minutes is 3.5 hours at 25 amps. At 1 amp you would have 87.5 amp hours (25amps x 3.5hrs). You don't normally see this type of comparison because of the way the batteries actually work. The lead acid will drop in voltage over time where as the lithium stays steady till the end. My understanding is that a lead acid battery can really only use about half its rated capacity. In this case that may be only 45 or so amp hours. That is why the 100 ah batteries never seem to go dead.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

I agree u can save yourself money by getting the lower AH batteries. I would consider 60 ah to 75 ah for lithium batts.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I agree u can save yourself money by getting the lower AH batteries. I would consider 60 ah to 75 ah for lithium batts.
    Hard to beat a 100ah battery for $799 with the promo code. Considering what is available now with other brands..

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Just to give a real world experiance on my Battle Born's.. I fished 14 hours the past 2 outings and never charged them between the two.. I had zero drop off in trolling power from the time I started till the time I finished. I'm certain I could have went much longer than that. This was in the Ohio river and one day I fished 4 hours near a Dam.. The only bad part of this story is the fish wasn't biting very well..
    Last edited by Buck456; 08-14-2017 at 07:54 PM.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    If I have three battle borns and one goes bad, can I replace the bad one with a regular battery and finish a trip?

11. Member
    Yes. Although I have yet to use it, I carry an Oddesy PCM 2150 in my truck as a backup on fishing trips, just for that reason. (I run Relion Lithiums but brand doesn't matter.)

12. Banned
    should be possible with any 12v lithium isn't it?

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Deleted
    Last edited by Buck456; 08-15-2017 at 10:40 AM.

14. Member
    Got back from a weekend on Sturgeon Bay. Friday was rough, winds out of the NW at probably 18-20mph with legit 3 footers + out on the bay. I estimated that my Ultrex was ON for 5 1/2 hours either on spotlock or on 8. They were fine the whole time, just as much power at the end of the day. Saturday started out windy but not as bad as Friday but then the wind just shut off Saturday afternoon and was as calm as it gets up there on Sunday so the only real test was Friday, but it was a good one.

I'm definitely going to have to get my Dual Pro reprogrammed. I had to use it as it just due to timing for this tournament (17lbs btw) and it charged but not as quickly as I had thought.

15. Banned
    my relions normally charge in less than 2 hours with the supplied charger after a normal tourney day

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    If I have three battle borns and one goes bad, can I replace the bad one with a regular battery and finish a trip?
    I deleted my initial response on this.. I called Battle Born on this subject of putting a replacement lead acid in a 24 or 36v system.. They said it can be done in an emergency, but they do not recommend it for any substantial length of time. This is there take on the matter. They said it's not good mixing battery chemistry. I would say this is true on all lithiums, but I can't speak for others.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Got back from a weekend on Sturgeon Bay. Friday was rough, winds out of the NW at probably 18-20mph with legit 3 footers + out on the bay. I estimated that my Ultrex was ON for 5 1/2 hours either on spotlock or on 8. They were fine the whole time, just as much power at the end of the day. Saturday started out windy but not as bad as Friday but then the wind just shut off Saturday afternoon and was as calm as it gets up there on Sunday so the only real test was Friday, but it was a good one.

I'm definitely going to have to get my Dual Pro reprogrammed. I had to use it as it just due to timing for this tournament (17lbs btw) and it charged but not as quickly as I had thought.
    Good to hear your experience.. I've never had my Battle Borns take longer than 2 hrs to fully charge. I'd say yours won't either once you get your charging profile changed.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    my relions normally charge in less than 2 hours with the supplied charger after a normal tourney day
    It usually takes 3 to 4 hours for me, with the same charger you have, but I cover lots of water in a tournament. I'm running the troller 7+ hours in down wind areas with power baits when possible. That's still twice as fast as the lead acids for me.

19. Banned
    agreed

20. Member
    Are you still running the Battle Born batteries? If not, how long did you run them and would you buy again.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast