Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I've been looking at it and it sounds like if the RC is the number of minutes it takes at a 20amp draw to reduce the voltage to 10.5 volts and if that point (the 10.5 volts threshold) comes at a 50% depth of discharge then the RC for a lithium battery should be equalish to the RC of a lead acid battery rated at twice the ah. So a 100ah lithium would have roughly the same RC as a 200ah lead acid or twice the RC of a 100ah lead acid...am I thinking about that right?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I've been looking at it and it sounds like if the RC is the number of minutes it takes at a 20amp draw to reduce the voltage to 10.5 volts and if that point (the 10.5 volts threshold) comes at a 50% depth of discharge then the RC for a lithium battery should be equalish to the RC of a lead acid battery rated at twice the ah. So a 100ah lithium would have roughly the same RC as a 200ah lead acid or twice the RC of a 100ah lead acid...am I thinking about that right?
    That is correct.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Hey buck50 should be $150 off!!

Yea i messed that one up haha

4. Member
    Thank you for spreading the word Buck it is definitely appreciated.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Damn you BBC! I've been needing to replace my Interstates and now with that coupon code I will soon be running lithiums. $1612 to my door for 2 plus 2 of the straps...and I'm going to have to send my charger to Dual Pro to reprogram 2 of the banks.
    Glad we could help.. Lol Report back on how you like them.

6. Member
    My Sears PM-2 doesn't weigh 92 lbs😟

Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus17 View Post
    My Sears PM-2 doesn't weigh 92 lbs
    My PM-1 feels like it weighs 100lbs!!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

8. Banned
    it almost does

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    I just did a little research and I may need to replace my charger even if I don't go Lithium. . It never ends.

BOAT= Bust Out Another T​housand

Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus17 View Post
    My Sears PM-2 doesn't weigh 92 lbs
    If you ever pick up a lithium...you will understand. I hope I dont ever have to use lead acid again.

11. Member
    I kinda look at it this way...I spend at about $300 every 3 years on TM batteries so about $100 a year (I get Interstate 29s). I paid $1600 for the two lithiums. Let's say (hope) I get 9 years out of them, that's $178/year, plus I'll be saving about 80lbs out of the boat. It's more per year obviously but I also should be getting more run time out of them, my current batteries start to tail off the last couple of hours if I'm fishing in heavy current or wind. The last "really good" lead batteries I had were Trojan SCS225s, I could fish all day anywhere and these would never start to die. These would cost roughly the same price over the 9 years as the lithiums without the weight savings.

I think I've just fully justified this purchase to myself...thanks again BBC!

12. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    I looked at these as well before I purchased my Battle Born' s. Those are 48 ah, Battle Born is 100ah for pretty much the same price.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    I kinda look at it this way...I spend at about $300 every 3 years on TM batteries so about $100 a year (I get Interstate 29s). I paid $1600 for the two lithiums. Let's say (hope) I get 9 years out of them, that's $178/year, plus I'll be saving about 80lbs out of the boat. It's more per year obviously but I also should be getting more run time out of them, my current batteries start to tail off the last couple of hours if I'm fishing in heavy current or wind. The last "really good" lead batteries I had were Trojan SCS225s, I could fish all day anywhere and these would never start to die. These would cost roughly the same price over the 9 years as the lithiums without the weight savings.

This is how I looked at it as well. Not even mentioning a quicker hole shot, and some added top end speed. I also feel it will help some with the fuel consumption if I can keep my foot out of the gas trying reach even more speed. Lol

15. Banned

agreed. im hoping to get 10 years out of my relion 100ah's but if i get 7-8 ill be very happy

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    If your getting lithiums to save weight, 3 of the battle battery weighs in at 60lb. One 36 volt Lithium Pro comes in at 29lb.

This I also frees up the bilge area for power poles pumps, spare props, etc.

17. Member
    Aren't the lithium pros alot more expensive?

18. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Depends on what you buy. One 40ah 36 volt is 2199.00. One 30ah is 1599.00. Then depending on if you want a on the run charger etc.
    If you are looking at 3 12 volts at 800.00 thats 2400.00, for 2499.00 you can get 2 36 volt 30ah with a charger.

With the Stealth One charger I have fished for days without having to charge my batteries!!

19. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    If your getting lithiums to save weight, 3 of the battle battery weighs in at 60lb. One 36 volt Lithium Pro comes in at 29lb.
    If I were to put my Ultrex on auto-pilot at 50% speed, how many hours would I get out of a M3140-36? I'm seriously considering getting a single 36V battery and moving it between my two boats instead of having a set of regular batteries in both boats.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

20. Member
    We test our batteries day in and day out and we have data showing that at 3000 cycles we expect a 20% degradation so this means after 3000 cycles you will still have an 80ah battery. also the way we test our batteries is a full 1C discharge and charge so the hardest cycles they will ever see.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast