Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Bought the meguiars and the slick mist to try both and see what I think

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Most places don't sell the marine version locally. Best to order it online from Amazon or something.
    Not talking about marine version just the regular stuff that is now hard to find in my area

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    Not talking about marine version just the regular stuff that is now hard to find in my area
    Just find a local Car Brite dealer or distributor. They are the professional division of Eagle One products. You will get the same product, just in a larger quantity. Where I am, the Eagle Marine Wax as U Dry is not available at all, and, after trying a sample last year, I got a gallon of it from a local Car Brite. You should be able to get the regular or marine from them.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Meguair's Quik Detailer works well for me...

This is actually what I use too - but the Ultimate quik detailer. I've tried the Lucas slick mist and don't like it - leaves a film.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

I use both eagle was as u dry and lucas slick mist
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I recently discovered "Boat Bling Hot sauce". Its the real deal. I absolutely love it.

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Just find a local Car Brite dealer or distributor. They are the professional division of Eagle One products. You will get the same product, just in a larger quantity. Where I am, the Eagle Marine Wax as U Dry is not available at all, and, after trying a sample last year, I got a gallon of it from a local Car Brite. You should be able to get the regular or marine from them.
    cool, thanks!

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danlaboucane View Post
    would you guys use those products on a dusty boat ,i live on a dirt road and everything gets dust on it ! mostly for the interior.
    I would not use these products on the gel surfaces of a boat that has any significant road dust on it (interior stuff like seats, etc. you should be fine).

Think of that dust as a very fine-grit sandpaper as you're wiping away... Not good.

Rinse it with water & your choice of cleaner before using a detailer product.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    My Walmart has it for 6.88 a bottle
    Mine too pretty good deal. Sportsmans warehouse does for $6.50 a bottle during the summer i stock up usually lol. Use slick mist on everything. Their interior detailer and tire and trim protectant are awesome too.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Lucas oil Slick mist speed wax

11. Member
    I've used up a bottle of Meguaires and Slick Mist. Currently working my way through Bass Boat Saver and Eagle One. All do a fine job, but I thought Slick Mist was slightly less buffing. Bass Boat Saver seemed to have the most buffing/wiping, but it seemed to leave longer protection......that could be only in my mind, and not actual fact. I'm satisfied with all 4, and would not hesitate to buy any again.

12. Member
    I would not use these products on the gel surfaces of a boat that has any significant road dust on it (interior stuff like seats, etc. you should be fine).

Think of that dust as a very fine-grit sandpaper as you're wiping away... Not good.

Optimum No Rinse was developed for just this reason. All these other spray and waxes are just a waste of time and money. A couple cap fulls of the ONR in distilled water placed in a handheld fertilizer sprayer and save yourself tons of time and money.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

https://www.zoro.com/chapin-handheld...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

"This product reduces cost of maintain your own car or doing details for others. This can be used as a QD, Clay Lube, waterless wash, rinse less wash.. And it smells really Good too"e
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

13. Member
    Add 1 ounce of No Rinse Wash & Shine to 2 gallons of water to make an excellent no rinse car wash. Soak a microfiber towel in the solution and wash your vehicle with the wet towel. Dry each section with another microfiber towel. There’s no need to rinse! The lubricants and substantive polymers in the formula will protect your vehicle from abrasion as it safely cleans all vehicle surfaces. The polymers encapsulate dirt and cause it to drop to the bottom of the bucket. No Rinse Wash & Shine actually cleans the wash water as it cleans your vehicle! And it leaves your vehicle super slick, like it was just waxed!

Add 1 ounce to wash water made with your regular car wash. No Rinse Wash & Shine’s advanced polymers and lubricants offer more surface protection and slickness than ordinary car soap alone. It acts as a water softener and conditioner to improve the quality of the water that touches your vehicle to provide the ultimate safe wash.

Add 2 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make a super-slick clay bar lubricant. Wet the surface of your vehicle to provide a slippery protective layer beneath Opti-clay. After you’ve clayed each section, simply wipe it dry. This solution is as effective as any clay lubricant you can buy!

Add 8 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make an excellent quick detailer. Fill up a spray bottle with this mixture and use it to clean and shine your vehicle, just as you would use a traditional detailer. The proprietary polymers bond to the paint surface to protect it from abrasion and micro-marring as you clean. The incredible formula leaves your vehicle extremely slick and glossy, like you just applied wax!
    2005 206

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    Add 1 ounce of No Rinse Wash & Shine to 2 gallons of water to make an excellent no rinse car wash. Soak a microfiber towel in the solution and wash your vehicle with the wet towel. Dry each section with another microfiber towel. There’s no need to rinse! The lubricants and substantive polymers in the formula will protect your vehicle from abrasion as it safely cleans all vehicle surfaces. The polymers encapsulate dirt and cause it to drop to the bottom of the bucket. No Rinse Wash & Shine actually cleans the wash water as it cleans your vehicle! And it leaves your vehicle super slick, like it was just waxed!

Add 1 ounce to wash water made with your regular car wash. No Rinse Wash & Shine’s advanced polymers and lubricants offer more surface protection and slickness than ordinary car soap alone. It acts as a water softener and conditioner to improve the quality of the water that touches your vehicle to provide the ultimate safe wash.

Add 2 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make a super-slick clay bar lubricant. Wet the surface of your vehicle to provide a slippery protective layer beneath Opti-clay. After you’ve clayed each section, simply wipe it dry. This solution is as effective as any clay lubricant you can buy!

Add 8 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make an excellent quick detailer. Fill up a spray bottle with this mixture and use it to clean and shine your vehicle, just as you would use a traditional detailer. The proprietary polymers bond to the paint surface to protect it from abrasion and micro-marring as you clean. The incredible formula leaves your vehicle extremely slick and glossy, like you just applied wax!
    This guy gets it. ONR for boats is the only way to go.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

Griot's Garage green Spray Wash or Speed Shine. Spray Wash for heavier grime, and Speed Shine for light dust. There are videos on how to use the products on the Griot's web site. AND, their microfiber cloths are absolutely the BEST I've ever used, bar none. I have been using Spray Wash and Speed Shine for years on motorcycles, boats, cars, countertops, cabinets, etc. Will NOT leave swirl marks if done as directed.

Use Protec Polish/Sealer (two coats) once a year or so, then these products to keep things clean and shiny.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    Griot's Garage green Spray Wash or Speed Shine. Spray Wash for heavier grime, and Speed Shine for light dust. There are videos on how to use the products on the Griot's web site. AND, their microfiber cloths are absolutely the BEST I've ever used, bar none. I have been using Spray Wash and Speed Shine for years on motorcycles, boats, cars, countertops, cabinets, etc. Will NOT leave swirl marks if done as directed.

Use Protec Polish/Sealer (two coats) once a year or so, then these products to keep things clean and shiny.
    This is an alternative to ONR....I've tried both and prefer ONR, but both are awesome products. ONR has a few more uses and the Gallon can found for under $50 which lasts me about 2 years because it diluted in water. I also have 4 cars and boat that I use this on. I can wash all 4 cars and boat in probably under 30min if I wanted to.
    Last edited by magnumb; 06-29-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    2005 206

17. Moderator
    if you want what the dealers manufactures use in boat shows ect.

yacht brite serious shine... its the bomb but it is expensive!!!!

18. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I still use BBS and still like what it does but I also have my boat sealed with Pro-tec sealeant and that is the balls
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

19. Member

thanks ,just what i was thinking ! no magical stuff ! rarely ever is !

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danlaboucane View Post
    thanks ,just what i was thinking ! no magical stuff ! rarely ever is !
    ONR is the most magical as far a pulling dirt/dust away from the surface.
    Proof is in a black paint over many year of using this stuff and in the thousands of 5 star reviews.
    I rarely even bother rinsing anymore. With the right application and cloth it just works and saves alot of time.
    2005 206

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast