Powdercoat matter?

I'm looking at Trackers. Seems that a Pro 170 or a Pro Team 175txw would suit me, I'm on a canal off of Lake Osborne Chain in So.FL. and I fish alone. Seems both go about 35 mph with the stock 170/50hp and 175/60hp according to mercury marine. The room when seated and fishing seems about equal. One problem:
    My neighbor says the lime in the water will eat up an aluminum boat. Is this true? Would a Pro Team 175 with that powdercoat prevent this? I am planning on leaving the boat in the canal. Do I need to go fiberglass? Anyone have experience with this water?

2. Banned
    If it will eat an aluminum painted boat it will eat an aluminum painted lower unit

3. Member
    It ain't gonna eat the boat but if it is in the water 24/7 and not on a lift you will get staining on the hull and if you leave it for a long time you will get crud growing on it.

I dont think its going to eat at it. Powder coating is pretty tough takes some pretty nasty chemicals to strip it off. Like said above likely leave a stain more than anything.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    I will add that these days I would trust powdercoated tin anyday over glass if left in the water 24/7.

6. Member
    OK, thanks.