Praying Hydrofoil for Skeeter?

Has anyone used a hydrofoil to help with porpoising on a skeeter TZX 19. Anyone know of a good one fairly priced. I checked with Cris Bailey and his are just a bit to much for me! Thanks!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RDOCK View Post
    Has anyone used a hydrofoil to help with porpoising on a skeeter TZX 19. Anyone know of a good one fairly priced. I checked with Cris Bailey and his are just a bit to much for me! Thanks!
    They are worth it.
    ________
    $8

Have a Bailey foil on my 20i and it helped a good bit.

He spelt Skeeter wrong though...lol

5. Member
    Got one on my ZX225 . Best $$ I have spent . Much better performance . Well worth it .

6. Member
    What was it doing before the install?

7. Member
    I have one of Chris's foils too. Helped my boat more than anything else. Worth every penny!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
    What was it doing before the install?
    I haven't installed one yet I'm looking for something I can afford. I can't stand the porpoising it's driving me nuts. I'm tired of constantly adjusting the trim in all different situations to get it to stop and I'm reading that the hydrofoils can help. I don't care if it has Skeeter printed on it. I find Chris Baileys to be expensive! I found a SS Hydroplaner
    for $59.95. Wondering if anyone has used this one.

9. Banned
    I haven't installed one yet I'm looking for something I can afford. I can't stand the porpoising it's driving me nuts. I'm tired of constantly adjusting the trim in all different situations to get it to stop and I'm reading that the hydrofoils can help. I don't care if it has Skeeter printed on it. I find Chris Baileys to be expensive! I found a SS Hydroplaner
    Realistically that's what the trim switch is for.
    But a hydrofoil will help.

Any of the hydroplanners will work.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

11. Member
    Dont put a cheap piece of junk on a nice boat. Save up till you can get one from CB Marine, he has ones that are less custom that are less expensive. His go up with the more you want done, different finishes, lettering etc are all add one. Have you asked him for s price for a basic one or are you going off the fully custom price?

2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    Dont put a cheap piece of junk on a nice boat. Save up till you can get one from CB Marine, he has ones that are less custom that are less expensive. His go up with the more you want done, different finishes, lettering etc are all add one. Have you asked him for s price for a basic one or are you going off the fully custom price?
    I ordered one of the brushed stainless last night. After alot of looking around I kept seeing everyone was saying his was the best. I hope so!

I just ordered one for my 20i/250 SHO - meant to last year but forgot and your thread reminded me! I've read a lot about them and they are a big improvement. BTW I see you are in Troy - Mohawk and Hudson River are my home waters.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100