Braid with fluoro leader depth question.

What's your experience and opinion on depth of straight Fluoro and the difference with braid and a fluoro leaders ( 4 to 5 feet) of it . Will the depth be similar since the broad cuts through the water easier or will straight fluoro take the bait deeper over all?

2. Member
    I would think straight fluorocarbon would get to the bottom faster since it sinks and braid floats. But I guess it depends on what you want to do. Cranking I don't think it would make a difference. Throwing a unweighted senko I think fluorocarbon would sink faster.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

3. Member
    I agree , I was wondering more about jerkbaits...

I like the braid-to-fluoro leader on jerkbaits as I've noticed I'm able to get a much more erratic action with it, I assume due to having less stretch. It also seems like the lack of stretch actually helps it get down to depth a little quicker, though that difference is fairly negligible. I haven't noticed a difference in just how deep they'll go with either set up...if there is a difference, I'd bet it's a matter of inches.

Braid technically does float, but most of it is more neutral once it gets wet in my experience. This only takes a couple casts. In fact, I'd almost say that wet braid sinks more than mono does.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    A great explanation , thankyou .

6. Member
    Braid isn't like a bobber because it floats. It's not going to make a bait float or ride higher. I find that with 30lb braid, that my crankbaits will go deeper, faster that with fluoro. My fishing buddy, with fluoro, found that out after bugging me about using braid. I was bumping bottom and catching fish and he wasn't.

7. Member
    I wanted some anger info / experiences ... great responses fellas much appreciate d.