Question Triton TR-186 Jackplate question

I have 2005 TR-186 Limited edition with 150 Johnson mounted straight on transom.. I rarely run the boat WOT.. so I'm not talking about speed here... Hole shot.. prop list, and would like to add at least a single PP/talon at some point... having spent a good deal of time in a bass boat seat I know it needs it. Thinking about a 4 or 6 inch manual Has anyone done this on the boat?... Did you have to replace throttle/shift cable or hydraulic steering hoses to install? Looks like to me the steering hoses have some room. Not sure about cables. I'd rather not make this a really expensive project.

2. Member
    You'll want a 6" plate for the 186. Not sure about the cable length requirement. Makes the pp/talon installation much easier also.

3. Member
    I put a 6" JP on my 07 186. I have dual Power Poles. No cable or hoses had to be replaced.
    Triton TR-186, Mercury Optimax 150

4. Member
    I put a 6" th marine hi jacket on mine. All cables/steering had plenty of slack. I added dual 10' blades.

You can easily go with a 6" plate without worrying about the cables and hoses.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

6. Member
    Thanks all.