Ultrex- any advice?

Hey guys, I'm wanting to upgrade to the new Ultrex from the Fortrex. I run lowrance so I won't need the "link" version. Are they having any bugs or issues to work out right now? Just wondering if I should give it some time or go ahead and pull the trigger. Thanks for any info guys.
    2017 PHOENIX 921 PHX / MERC 250 PRO XS- BLACK AND PURPLE
    2-HDS 12'S @ CONSOLE
    2-HDS 9'S @ BOW
    DUAL 8' PP'S
    MINN KOTA ULTREX

2. Member
    some have had issues I got mine early in Jan and actually carried over to my new 721. I love all my accessories etc but this TM is the single most significant accessory in last 10 years. Love my PP but if I could only choose one for a new boat I would choose the Ultrex first. That is my preference others will say different I love the ability to catch fish hit spot lock re tie and boat stay where I marked it.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

3. Member
    Good to know. I sure wished I had it last weekend with 4 kids under 5 years old in the boat with me and my brother in law fighting 20mph winds to stay over brush piles.
    2-HDS 12'S @ CONSOLE
    2-HDS 9'S @ BOW
    DUAL 8' PP'S
    MINN KOTA ULTREX

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I got mine a few months ago, (non link) and not one issue. The remote is cool...wife & I ate lunch in seats while going thru a no wake zone.

Also, when you get one, be careful at first when you hit spotlock. If the boat is moving when you hit it, the TM will spin to put you back there and nearly throw you off the deck. Try to come close to a full stop before you hit spotlock. Don't ask how I know...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    I got mine a few months ago, (non link) and not one issue. The remote is cool...wife & I ate lunch in seats while going thru a no wake zone.

Also, when you get one, be careful at first when you hit spotlock. If the boat is moving when you hit it, the TM will spin to put you back there and nearly throw you off the deck. Try to come close to a full stop before you hit spotlock. Don't ask how I know...lol
    Good information! haha

I had an issue with my first one. But I can tell they changed a few things with the second one they sent me. Its been fine for about 2 months now.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

7. Member

HAHA that would make for a good campfire story. Thanks for the info
    2-HDS 12'S @ CONSOLE
    2-HDS 9'S @ BOW
    DUAL 8' PP'S
    MINN KOTA ULTREX

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    I had an issue with my first one. But I can tell they changed a few things with the second one they sent me. Its been fine for about 2 months now.
    Good deal, Thanks!
    Now I just have to find one in stock!!
    2-HDS 12'S @ CONSOLE
    2-HDS 9'S @ BOW
    DUAL 8' PP'S
    MINN KOTA ULTREX

9. Member
    Ive been looking for one since february and nobody seems to have the one im looking for
    They aint got hands, set the hook

10. Member
    I'm a witness on this one, it almost got me the first time out.

I got lucky on mine a dealer had it listed on BBC, I called, he had had 27 calls, all were going to check with the wife, I pulled the trigger and did not ask the wife!!! Just don't tell her what it cost!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

11. Member
    I got mine on in March with the new boat, and I will echo everything folks have said. Now that I have, I could never live without it. It is the greatest invention in bass fishing in a very long time and SUPER effective in all conditions. I was fishing a tournament in 30MPH winds and hit spot lock down wind of a point. There was a raft about 3 feet behind me, and the boat never moved close to it while I was dragging my jig on the point. I'd hook up with a fish, go to the passenger seat to land it, jump right back up and make another cast to the same spot. Buy one and never look back ;)

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

12. Member
    Pull the trigger! I've had mine since January and I've had zero issues. Spot lock helped me to win money in a tournament this weekend. Go for it!
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

13. Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback and the PM's that I have received. This is why I love this forum, great group of guys that always have good info. Thank y'all! Off shore bite will be heating up on Rayburn and I can't wait to get one installed and see a brand new way of fishing.
    2-HDS 12'S @ CONSOLE
    2-HDS 9'S @ BOW
    DUAL 8' PP'S
    MINN KOTA ULTREX

14. 921screaming250
    I had to have my foot switch adjusted...was sticking.....besides that it is awesomeness

15. Member
    My fishing partner and I both have one and both of them have a hard time latching when stowing. Minn Kota replaced the mount on mine and it's better but not perfect. Other than that I absolutely love it. Best thing ever on Kentucky ledges.