Thread: 2018

Any news on anything new coming from Triton For 2018?
    I know it's not about speed...I know...I know...I know...
    But do you think Triton will ever come out with a hull that will be as fast as some of the earlier hulls? Another HP refined that will push the envelope tournament loaded to the 80 mark...just a thought...lets have it!

I think those older faster boats where also quite a bit narrower making them lighter and faster. I don't think giving up width to gain a few mph would work for a mainstream manufacturer like atriton.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Banned
    After having the narrow fast boat and the wider slower boat, I'll take the wide slow boat every day and twice on Sunday. Especially with the way the wind blows in west Texas, I'll take the comfort.

4. Member
    yes... you probley right...who wants to be like Basscat anyway. I know that the older hulls are lighter and not as wide. i think everybody can admit that Triton has room for improvement with reguards to hull design.
    I like mine but I have also had enough boats and been around enough to see room for improvement and gains in performance. I think others are doing it in the mainstream as you call it.

5. Member
    i have nothing bad to say about the ride and fishability Triton is first class in that department...but I still think with design changes the current boats could be better performers and I hate to say it but alittle faster.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_gt View Post
    yes... you probley right...who wants to be like Basscat anyway. I know that the older hulls are lighter and not as wide. i think everybody can admit that Triton has room for improvement with reguards to hull design.
    I like mine but I have also had enough boats and been around enough to see room for improvement and gains in performance. I think others are doing it in the mainstream as you call it.
    Im glad triton is not like bass cat . None of my tritons have looked like my 1976 glastron , and they don't have the old antique hand rails,

i have owned a 04,186 great small boat, 06 21xhp fast boat great fishing platform and now a 17 trx21 a little slower than the hp but rides better and fishes a little better

7. Member
    I love my 16 21TRX the lay out stability and fishablity are spectacular to me. I have only got 74 with 2 8' blades that was plenty fast enough and honestly I generally stay at 65 I can take my hands off the wheel and it rides like my chevy truck.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

8. Banned
    Only thing I wish I could change in my 22trx is the center storage, I really liked the big single lid center storage on the 21trx I had.

9. Member
    I'm glad you all like your Triton boats. I like mine it fishes great very easy to drive and takes rough water well....so to get back to my original question. Has anybody heard of any changes to the 2018? Does anyone see where there could be any improvements made? I can think of a few that has to do with layout....but for for some the layout is probley perfect...any way it's obviously just me

10. Member
    I would like to see a trash can somewhere near the front deck. the heated seat option would be nice add on. a switch for the jack plate somewhere on the rear.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by southern_gt View Post
    I'm glad you all like your Triton boats. I like mine it fishes great very easy to drive and takes rough water well....so to get back to my original question. Has anybody heard of any changes to the 2018? Does anyone see where there could be any improvements made? I can think of a few that has to do with layout....but for for some the layout is probley perfect...any way it's obviously just me
    Well, then, to answer the OP's question no, no one has heard anything about next years models. Just like this time every year when someone asks that question.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

12. Member
    Their going to put Ranger stickers on all of them at the factory to make them faster.

Gosh guys, you know we're the sensitive type.

BCB

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Gosh guys, you know we're the sensitive type.

BCB
    Surely not, being on BBC