Thread: 2017 250 ProXS

2017 250 ProXS

Fished a little 4 hour tournament yesterday and no problems what so ever. Everything went smooth as always. This morning, went to take the cover off to re-rig some things for another little 4 hour tournament tonight and I noticed a little oil spot under the motor. So looked around and noticed a little oil sitting in the jackplate. So took the cowling off and noticed a little oil in the bottom. So saw the resivoir on the side that said something about oil overflow is screw is loose or something to that effect. Lowered the trim to level the motor and the screw wasn't loose but wasn't extremely tight either. So tighten it just to be safe. Other than that resivoir I couldn't tell where any oil was coming from. I'm not mechanically inclined so please don't make fun. Thinking about taking it to dealer first thing in morning to see if any serious issue. Just concerns me on a brand new boat. Anybody ever had this happen?

Serial: 2B401272
    Last edited by B.Combs; 06-20-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

2. Member
    Take it to the Dealer immediately to have the problem documented and repaired.

3. Member
    This happened to mine last year. There is a fitting at the bottom of the oil reservoir that is only held on by a cable tie. Mine was leaking and dealer replaced the a better clamp. Shouldn't be a tough fix at all.