Security for Factory Gimbal Mount

I have a Helix 9 on the bow mounted on a factory gimbal. I love the setup, but all a thief has to do to lift the unit is unscrew the two nuts on either side of the mount. I have e-locks on the unit itself, but that won't keep the entire mount from being lifted, unit and all. Trying to brainstorm something with those two nuts on the factory deck mount. Anyone thought of anything?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman1282 View Post
    I have a Helix 9 on the bow mounted on a factory gimbal. I love the setup, but all a thief has to do to lift the unit is unscrew the two nuts on either side of the mount. I have e-locks on the unit itself, but that won't keep the entire mount from being lifted, unit and all. Trying to brainstorm something with those two nuts on the factory deck mount. Anyone thought of anything?
    is it a screw with a knob or a stud with a knob or nut?
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    its weird and I haven't yet taken it entirely apart, but the two knobs that you undo to remove the bracket are the nut part and then there is a stud which I haven't yet determined whether its coming from under the deck or just another layer of the mount. I'll look into that, probably the latter. In other words, there would have to be a lock mechanism to fit onto the stud and not allow it to be removed.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    let me know I have some links,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Look into a company call Bryce fastener they make custom security hardware. I used them on all my mounting hardware.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Was doing a search on this subject and wanted to know if there are any other solutions for this? I wanted to get the durasafe elock for my solix 12’s front and console factory gimbal mounts but kind of pointless unless I secure the mount. Drewtick, I think your post above would be what I am looking for; you still have links? I will take off graphs when traveling but also interested in securing with the durasafe locks. Thanks
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Banned
    So I took it one step further. I have the Dura-Locs on each unit. Each lock unit has a different key code. Then I went to the local fastener stored bought 4 different security bolts each with a different pattern. I made sure each mount plate, including the physical boat plates had a mixed up bolt pattern so that one tool would not completely work. If they want them they sure will have to work for them. Then I made sure my insurance had them listed including S\N. Nothing is perfect but given options think this is the best I could do.

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Was doing a search on this subject and wanted to know if there are any other solutions for this? I wanted to get the durasafe elock for my solix 12’s front and console factory gimbal mounts but kind of pointless unless I secure the mount. Drewtick, I think your post above would be what I am looking for; you still have links? I will take off graphs when traveling but also interested in securing with the durasafe locks. Thanks
    I get a lot of stuff from these folks https://www.albanycountyfasteners.co...crews/1468.htm
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    Had the same concern. Ended up going with a dek-it 22.5 degree mount that also moves the unit forward a little away from my foot. I also used the dura safe locks.
    Last edited by afdean; 03-04-2018 at 03:31 PM.