X21 prop pad starting point.

Long story short my new to me '08 x21 team series w Yamaha 250 vmax is getting back out on water....submerged pipe tore up lower unit on first day out. I am doubtful boat has optimal prop pad set up, so hoping for a good starting point. I have an 8" th marine pro high jacker hp manual jack plate 27 pitch 4 blade power tech prop w vent holes. Just want a good starting point, heck I'd settle for getting back on the trailer in one piece this time! Normally fish for fun, so splitting hairs for that last few mph is not important to me. Love the space and storage on this boat, ease of hole shot and looking forward to many fun years with it.

2. Member
    3" is always a good spot to start with any rig. Xpress hulls seem to like a motor a bit higher so 2.5" may be better. You'll need to pitch the Power Tech in the dumpster though.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Set it at 3" below the pad and you should be fine for all around performance.
    OH, and junk that prop. Almost any other prop will run better than the power tech.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

4. Member
    lol...Bob's my prop coach :)

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

We must have hit send at the same time
    Xpress X19/200SHO

6. Member
    Thanks gentlemen, much appreciated. So that would be a strong no on the prop. Okay we'll attend to that soon.

Power tech 4 blade will make you a great anchor, we never could get one to work on ours. Tried real hard to get the 27 PT 4 blade to work that came with ours, drop down to a 25 PT 4 blade that was worst. We had replaced the 10" JP with a Bob's 12" HYD JP while trying to setup the other props. I tried Merc. props also. We ended up with Yamaha T1 27 for cold weather and T1 25 for summer time.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula