Ultrex & 360 Support Brace

Can anyone tell me where to find additional information on what appears to be a support brace between the 360 shaft and the Ultrex shaft? I am currently using a piece of Styrofoam when trailering and running rough water to keep the 360 transducer from bouncing off the Ultrex shaft.

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

2. Banned
    first time seeing that. i'd ask in the humminbird section

3. Member
    part of the reason, i built my own 360 mount for the ultrex... that shaft that the 360 uses is pretty flimsy

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    first time seeing that. i'd ask in the humminbird section
    I have asked a few weeks ago (without the pic) and did not get an answer. I believe the 360 for Ultrex shaft is a little longer than the original 360 shaft, flexes slightly more and not enough new 360 for Ultrex's are out there yet for BBC responses. I did ask Palanuik directly via FB and he responded, He said he uses a conventional TM strap (pictured above) to reduce "bouncing". I kinda use the same system, but with a chunk of Styrofoam anchored down with a battery strap for the rough water and trailering. Obviously, I remove the Styrofoam chunk to fish. I have it down to a couple minutes or less to rig up or down. My concerns of bouncing the 360 transducer off the Ultrex shaft may be unfounded, but I don't want to worry about it.

As a side note, I thought it was very nice of Palanuik to respond to mine and other's questions about the strap around the 360 and Ultrex shafts. The FB post: https://www.facebook.com/brandonpala...97982602605953

5. Member
    I have the new Ultrex 360, it vibrates slightly on the road, not at all on the water.
    I haven't seen it move enough to worry about it yet. It's been towed hundreds of miles over some of New England's worst roads.
    Been through some rough stuff on the water also, so far so good.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    I have asked a few weeks ago (without the pic) and did not get an answer. I believe the 360 for Ultrex shaft is a little longer than the original 360 shaft, flexes slightly more and not enough new 360 for Ultrex's are out there yet for BBC responses. I did ask Palanuik directly via FB and he responded, He said he uses a conventional TM strap (pictured above) to reduce "bouncing". I kinda use the same system, but with a chunk of Styrofoam anchored down with a battery strap for the rough water and trailering. Obviously, I remove the Styrofoam chunk to fish. I have it down to a couple minutes or less to rig up or down. My concerns of bouncing the 360 transducer off the Ultrex shaft may be unfounded, but I don't want to worry about it.

As a side note, I thought it was very nice of Palanuik to respond to mine and other's questions about the strap around the 360 and Ultrex shafts. The FB post: https://www.facebook.com/brandonpala...97982602605953
    ill post the pic over there and shoot it off to my humminbird contacts and see what comes back

7. Member
    hahaha I made a post on his facebook page on 6/20 at 11:01 AM How funny. I figured it out the other day. I posted an answer on BP's facebook page and he stated that I nailed it....It is just a TM strap. If you watch the video and stop it at 15:23 or 15:24 before the pic you have above, you will actually see the metal strap part. ITs a great idea. I will be doing that to mine as well.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

8. Banned
    I'm gonna see if my fan guy will make a support bracket of some sort

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    I'm gonna see if my fan guy will make a support bracket of some sort
    Let us know, please. The strap method works well for a bounce up, but I am not convinced the bounce down onto the Ultrex shaft is eliminated. I have been cutting up the Styrofoam that came in the 360 packaging and wedging in between the two shafts tied down with a battery strap. This method works, but kinda a PIA to remember where to store the Styrofoam block. I have already let one blow out of the boat after rigging it down.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Let us know, please. The strap method works well for a bounce up, but I am not convinced the bounce down onto the Ultrex shaft is eliminated. I have been cutting up the Styrofoam that came in the 360 packaging and wedging in between the two shafts tied down with a battery strap. This method works, but kinda a PIA to remember where to store the Styrofoam block. I have already let one blow out of the boat after rigging it down.
    Think you're over thinking this.
    I've monitored mine over the road, in rough water and the shaft doesn't move that much.
    Most I've seen is a high frequency movement on the road, but doesn't really move much at all.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Chunk of oval aluminum with a clamp with dual o-rings that locks down on 360 shaft, and on the tm side a clamp with bearing in it, doesn't sound to hard to me, albeit I think a tm strap would work well enough.

12. Member
    Bearings or bushings on the trollingmotor side is going to be tough, since the shaft isn't round. The shaft is the same as the Terrova, with a groove and even bypassing the groove, it isn't round. This means anything you put around the shaft to allow it to turn is going to vibrate against the shaft if the 360 is vibrating/moving now. Also, the shaft is set at angle in the motorhousing to allow for the shaft to "bow" when stowed and help lock in place. Not sure if the angle changes as the motor is moved up / down for shallow/deep water fishing.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

13. Member
    Here's what I came up with. It's made of a section of PVC pipe and 2 PVC T's (split in half lengthwise). I riveted an aluminum bar to the inner side of each half and threaded one side to accept the tightening knob.

Obviously, this is only for trailering or rough water. But, I've got around $10 in the whole thing...