Thread: Pantera Classic

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Is there no windshield available on the Classic? I prefer the larger old style windshields but would at least like the option of the smaller style for the console

2. Member
    It is shown with a windshield on the BCB web site. Small one
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERNYANKEE View Post
    I thought they said that the front behind the butt seat measured 5ft. Is that inside or to the outside?

5ft measured inside gunnels at first seat post.

4. Member
    44k+?

If that's the price then I should just buy a PII. Sounds a bit pricey unless that's M.S.R.P considering it is suppose to be a "budget" model. I'm going to have to call them tomorrow and talk price, under 40k and it may be mine by the weekend. If not then a PII may be in the cards.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    44k+?

If that's the price then I should just buy a PII. Sounds a bit pricey unless that's M.S.R.P considering it is suppose to be a "budget" model. I'm going to have to call them tomorrow and talk price, under 40k and it may be mine by the weekend. If not then a PII may be in the cards.
    i agree, at almost 45k it does seem a little steep. The layout on this boat seems a lot nicer than a PII.

It's all in the dress... stay stock trailer, 150 and Helix 7's and it's a value. Dress it up with Helix 9's DI, SI, 200 engine and a 4" frame and your pumping the price up.

7. Member
    That's the price range (mid 40s) I was getting calling around with a 200. If I recall correctly Basscat was recommending/marketing them with a 150. I believe that was more of their target to help keep them more affordable and the P2 was going to be more the 19ft 200 tournament boat.

8. Member
    Looks like I was typing that as Basscat answered.

9. Member
    I was quoted around 45500 for a PII and that was loaded with the same equipment.
    The PII standard has better seats among other items.
    I expected the Classic to be somewhat cheaper.
    Maybe 38-40.
    Not sure is the Classic falls in the Advantage or Vision line up.
    The Classic is a much wider boat which would give a more comfortable tournament rig
    When fishing high school or college tournaments where there is always a co-angler.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

10. Member
    This is a quote from an email I received from H20 Sports on the Pantera Classic and a PII with the same equipment:

"2018 Bass Cat P-II with same equipment as 2018 Classic $45865.00

2018 Bass Cat Classic $43810.00

If you have any questions, please contact me by sending a reply email or calling us at (501) 834-0998.

Herb Skiles Jr.
    Sales Manager
    H2O Sportz & Marine
    boatsales@h2osportz.com"

The new Classic is a fine looking boat, well laid out and I'm sure of top quality, backed by the best customer service in the business. However, with only a $2055 difference in price, I would have to go with a PII. It is slightly disappointing as I have put off a new boat purchase waiting on the new Classic. I'm keeping an open mind on the matter until I see one in person (Sherm has one on the way and he is way closer to me than H20 Sports). Either way, a Pantera will be my next boat and at this point I'm leaning towards the PII.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    i agree, at almost 45k it does seem a little steep. The layout on this boat seems a lot nicer than a PII.

I've fished out of a PII, while I think the layout is a little better in the Classic the PII's layout is nice as well. The Classic carries it's beam forward farther making for a wider deck up front, but the narrower beam looks like it gives up a little cockpit room. Fine boat, but after getting an email quote from H20 Sports in Arkasas, I think pricing is a bit high.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    I've fished out of a PII, while I think the layout is a little better in the Classic the PII's layout is nice as well. The Classic carries it's beam forward farther making for a wider deck up front, but the narrower beam looks like it gives up a little cockpit room. Fine boat, but after getting an email quote from H20 Sports in Arkasas, I think pricing is a bit high.
    Wow that's kind of a bummer. I was really considering a Classic but for that price difference it doesn't make sense to me not to get the PII. Keep us posted when you see one in person.

13. Member

14. Member

15. Member
    I too am disappointed that the price point is so close to a similarly equipped P2.....

16. Member
    I guess it'll depend what a guy is looking for. The Classic has the added length, a different layout and wider front deck.

17. Member
    Your point is well taken, but I also thought it doesn't have the fit and finish of the P2? Or am I mistaken ? I

18. Member
    Fit and finish, I'm sure is great, it is a Bass Cat. Vision Tour versus Advantage Elite, as far as I know, has to do with standard equipment like latches and stuff. I could be looking at it the wrong way in expecting a bigger price gap between the PII and the Classic, I am trying to keep an open mind until I see the Classic up close. The pricing I got was via email from a single dealer as well, maybe the Classic has more wiggle room, I don't know. I do know the layout and the fact that the Classic carries its deck width farther forward are nice features that still have the boat on my radar. As soon as Sherm gets his in, I will be heading down that way to crawl around in it.

19. Member
    Thanks for he clarification. Let us know your thoughts after crawling around in it at Sherm's

Let's look at some topics that make a difference. The boat is an all new design, new molds, ammoritized investment at the present levels, slightly longer hull, slightly narrower build, similar fuel capacity.

The trailer may be a 3" frame std., though it is still welded and a tandem.

The build design does save in labor in several areas, though labor is a small portion of the overall net cost of build. The actual materials parts list is significantly more than the direct labor and indirect labor.

Engines, trolling motors, graphs and most items cost the same no matter the model. Smaller boats have a significant (major) percentage of costs in those components.

Wile expectations are that the buyer would save ten thousand on this model those actual savings are a few thousand dollars. The amount varies based on your trailer decision, from around $3,000 to $4,500, or even $5000 depending on your choices.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast