HOLLAND OR WEBER GAS GRILL

I already have a Komodo style ceramic grill but looking to replace my pos gas grill, char broil infra red. I am leaning toward the weber but the Holland has a good rep for longevity. on the weber you can adjust the temp but not on the Holland. what is everyone opinions
    David Latham

2. Member
    I bought a Holland 2 years ago and love it, just put the food on close the lid and turn maybe once and it done, I use a small smoker box in it also and works great for smoked flavor, steaks usually takes 15 minutes then turn 15 more and done, some people don't like them because they don't seer due to running 400-450 degrees but that don't bother me. turkeys is great on them also, one thing that is great is you don't have to worry about flame up and burning the meat.

3. Member
    Weber is the only grill I will buy. Currently have a Genesis S330 and love it. Heats up to 700 degrees so sears a steak very well. Good hardware and is great for those quick evening meals when I don't have time for charcoal. I purchased the natural gas model so I could have it set up on our existing gas line.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

4. Member
    thank you for the replies, keep them coming
    David Latham

5. Member
    Weber

6. Member
    Weber
    Please release me,let me go.

My Weber gas grill is a 1999 still going strong

8. Member
    I have a Holland grill..does chicken great no flair ups..but..if you want to sear anything steak, corn ,veggies, cant do it..i would trade mine for a weber

9. Member
    I have a Weber and really like it and it will be more versatile than the Holland.

10. Member
    Go get the WEBER. You will not regret it

11. Member
    My buddy had a holland at his lake house. I hated it. I always took steak and ended up bringing my portable charcoal grill. I hated not being able to adjust the temp on that holland. It made some decent chicken.
    RANGER BOATS

Look at Phoenix grills if you like the Holland, but want to be able to adjust temperature. I think I'm going on 15 years with mine, and still love it.

13. Member
    Have a Holland and the side burner to sear with. I also have a Vision egg and each has their place. I replaced the factory gas line with a generic one from Wal-Mart and
    now it heats a bit higher than normal. I can also adjust it a slight bit, maybe about 75 degrees. I don't like, shoot me if you must, the Weber grills after using the Holland.
    Don't like the flares and I just trust the Holland to be right every time. Someone mentioned turkeys, yes!! they are awesome, and hams as well. Everyone has their own
    two cents. That was mine.

Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    Look at Phoenix grills if you like the Holland, but want to be able to adjust temperature. I think I'm going on 15 years with mine, and still love it.
    I wanted to add, I've had experience with both the Holland and the Phoenix. My stepdad had a Holland, and I thought they cooked really nice but the lack of temp adjustment always turned me off. I grill year-round, and sometimes you need a little more fire to get to temp in winter. Also like to sear steaks on high or finish off chicken wings to get good crispy skin. I think the Holland and the Phoenix are very similar designs, with both having an angled heat shield/grease catcher to prevent flareups and keep food from drying out. Indirect grilling for dummies.

I can't comment on the Weber. I know the Phoenix and the Holland aren't cheap, but most good grills aren't nowadays. I've definitely got my use out of my Phoenix, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

15. Member
    ended up with a broil king 3 burner as lowes had it for $319. made in north America. only a couple of cooks but will report back
    David Latham

You should have gone with the Weber... The body being cast aluminum will last a lifetime... Burners have a 10 yr warranty as well.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Definitely Weber