Thread: 22 SF Help

22 SF Help

I purchased a Bullet 22Sf flats boat. I am having a hard time getting the boat tonrun slower than 40. There are a lot of areas with slow speed zones that infish in and the boat wants to porpoise bad at anything under 36 or so. Would a smaller pitch 5 blade prop give the boat more stability at lower speeds? I have a 250 Pro XS on it now. Thanks for any input you might have.

2. Member
    add a foil to it. That's the only way I could stop it. I can now run down to about 22-23mph with no porpoise. Your hole shot is going to shock you as well when you add a foil.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

3. Member
    Is there a certain brand you used? What prop
    are
    you running?

Chris at c/b marine is a very nice choice in my opinion you can get it customized and he is a board sponsor
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

5. Member
    I use a local guy to bend my foils. I prefer the old Mike Rey style foil. Im running a 27 bravo xs and a worked 28 bravo 1. I prefer my stock bravo xs.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

6. Member
    Cool thanks. What type of speed are you getting out of the 22Sf? I am still learning how to drive mine but I had a buddy drive it and the fastest he got it was 82.8 with a 29 TXP 3 blade. It only ran 77 with both of us in itand it would only turn 5100. I did have a set of negative trim wedges on the jack plate at the time and have not run it again with them out. It has a lot more lift now since they were removed kind of curious to see how it runs at too end without them.

7. Member
    I'm running 78-79 loaded with two on the limiter. I think it should fish low 80's
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO