Lowrance 1240A Flasher, Temp Sensor?

87 Champ 176

Working through a few things, need input from the experts out there.

When I acquired this boat for resto it had an Eagle 9000 at the console which I am fairly certain was wired to a transducer on the trolling motor. The cable to the transducer was cut which I have removed (but not yet pulled the wires out yet).

There are not any other transducers external on the boat anywhere. The 1240a flashes but I don't think its reading correct depth as the cable does not appear fully connected coming out of the 1240a, hard to push the 2 connectors together.

Going to try and trace the wires down but was it common practice to mount transducer for the flasher in the hull somewhere?

I am in the process of mounting an Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 2 and may remove the Flasher altogether but trying to see if it is actually working or not.

Also, in the pic below, is this a temp sensor next to the speedo pitot? I assume that would have been connected to the eagle 9000 that was in there?

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yes that is the temp sensor. If you only have the temp sensor and the pitot on the outside of the hull, then the 1240A transducer is more than likely in the bilge.

3. Member
    My 1240A flasher has a transducer in the bilge and a temp sensor going over the back of the transom. The temp sensor in the picture is not like mine but that doesn't mean it's not going to the flasher. If you do decide that the flasher isn't working and you take it out let me know.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax