Navionics Chip on consosle, not showing contour on bow after being on a while?

I am running a navionics chip on my console unit & have it linked with bow unit. After being on a while my contour lines wont show up on my bow unit, so I turn it off turn it back on and it works for about an hour and then does the same thing. It will still show the map but not contour lines, but my console unit isn't doing this just the bow unit that is linked. Any ideas on how to fix besides turning it on & off?? Thanks

Did you troubleshoot by putting the chip in the bow unit and see if the console unit does the same thing?
    2020 Nitro Z20 - 250 hp Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke
    HDS Live 12 @ bow x 2 with Active Target
    HDS Live 12 @ console

3. Member
    Having same problem on 2 band new gen 3s. Never had this problem before. I had the chip in the console and they were sharing. Once I got to my first spot the bow wasn't getting the chip. So I put it in the bow then the console wouldn't read it. Both have newest software

4. Member
    I didn't think you could share the chip over the network.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbnaileng View Post
    I didn't think you could share the chip over the network.
    Chart data can be shared on the Gen2 button and Touch (both require software V 2.0 or greater), Gen3, and Carbon units over Ethernet.

6. Member
    Shared for 3 years no problem now these 2 brand new gen 3s are being a pain in the ass

My two gen 3's share maps without any issues or special settings.
    My units are, however, shared through the structure scan box.
    I sold my one year old gen 3 units to my team partner...he runs them without a structure scan box and has had zero issue sharing a map card.
    HDS Live 12 @ console

8. Member
    I also had zero issues for the last 3 years with the 10 different units I owned. However with the 2 brand new gen 3s and the newest update they aren't sharing

Ahhh....I don't see where you mentioned you were using the latest update...I have not jumped on that band wagon just yet. Still waiting for any bugs to be figured out.
    HDS Live 12 @ console

10. Member
    having a similar issue with my 2 hds carbon.had chart sharing on both,now only on one.if i take out chart chip it will show chart in the unit i put it in,but not the other.not sure what i did to #$$%^ this up.any body know a diagnostic check?
    thanks
    john

11. Member
    Anyone figure this out. I’m having the same issue. Called lowrance three times and they said they weren’t sure. Did everything they told me to do. Jumping through hoops with no results.

12. Member
    I had the exact same issue with Carbon 12s. Put the navionics chip up front and it would only work in the front. Then swapped graphs from front to back and thought I had a bad ethernet cable but plugged it into the extra ethernet port on the front graph and it now works. My structure scan box has lights for each ethernet cable to each graph and net1 was green light before but net 2 was not. As soon as both these lights came on the navionics was showing up on both graphs as well as both graphs switching sources to each others transducers like they should. Hope this helps

13. Member
    Old thread I know. I just bought two new 9 lives to integrate with my two existing carbons. Having map issues also. Settings are also magically changing from one trip to the next. I never had any issues until I installed the new graphs and active target 1. All software is up to date, however on only one graph the application number is different from the others. The last 2 digits read 22 and not 18 like the other 3. Where should I start as when it works it works but does not last long. Should I start replacing Ethernet cables, NMEA Tees, maybe it’s a power thing? Thanks in advance for any help as this has me baffled, but that’ pretty easy to do with this stuff!
    2021 Vexus 1880 Ghost TM and 12” Carbons

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabman1880 View Post
    Old thread I know. I just bought two new 9 lives to integrate with my two existing carbons. Having map issues also. Settings are also magically changing from one trip to the next. I never had any issues until I installed the new graphs and active target 1. All software is up to date, however on only one graph the application number is different from the others. The last 2 digits read 22 and not 18 like the other 3. Where should I start as when it works it works but does not last long. Should I start replacing Ethernet cables, NMEA Tees, maybe it’s a power thing? Thanks in advance for any help as this has me baffled, but that’ pretty easy to do with this stuff!

The latest update for your units is 22.1.1 it they are not all the same then you will have issues. Update them all to the latest and then see if you really have an issue.

15. Member
    They are all the same Version 22.1.1, but there is an application number below the Version number when you look on the graphs to check the version number. Not sure if the “application” number means anything?

16. Member
    Put the map card up front and worked, went out again today to test and worked for about an hour or so. What can I try next?