Question Lakes around Wolverine

Hey guys, I'll be staying in Wolverine all next week and plan to do some smallmouth fishing with the family. I know Burt and Mullett are close by and plan to hit those up, but I was wondering if there were any other lakes worth going to for numbers of fish. Ill have my wife and possibly my sister with us so we're trying to put them on some easy fishing.

Also, any tips on general would be really helpful. I'm not used to fishing any large natural lakes like you all have up there. The reservoirs on Kentucky set up completely different. Thanks for any help and I'll post a report of the week if anyone is interested.

2. Member
    All the lakes are now in or transitioning into post spawn. Also close by are Otsego Lake, Crooked Lake, Pickerel Lake, Walloon Lake, Douglas Lake are a few for starters. There are some small lakes around Wolverine but I wouldn't recommend any of them. As far as tips, find ledges, rocks, weedy ledges where the fish are starting to transition back to deeper water after spawning. Most of the lakes around here for all practical purposes are 'bowls' with good ledges.

3. Member
    For numbers you should probably hit Walloon, Crooked/Pickerel.