Tracker cheapo carpet?

I went to Ft Myers Bass Pro to look at some 2015 left overs. The carpets looked terrible. Is this normal for uncovered carpets in FL or is it awful quality? 19k for a 190, but the grey carpet was black on rear deck. It was raining lightly. But on 170, the carpet looked like it was coming off the storage lid.

2. Member
    You may have answered your own question.

Well as a Florida native, I say if you leave anything in the Florida sun uncovered. And rain, salt air, humidity, it doesn't take long for the mildew to take over. And that will ruin any carpet on any boat very shortly. And is the same weight carpet all the other ones use. Don't forget JM owes just about all of them now. Between him and Brunswick.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

BPS uses the lightest carpet they can get away with on their tin boats. My boat is now 7 years old and the carpet should be replaced. However, I'm going to wait at least another year before I either do the job myself or pay someone to do it.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

So, your asking if a boat that may have been sitting outside in the hot, humid FL weather might have been affected? Ha, yeah just a bit. We've got a 2004 Tracker that looks just fine but it's been well cared for and kept inside. Any carpeted boat that has been subjected to that kind of neglect will look bad.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Member
    I know FL sun eats everything, it just seems 2 years is pretty quick. I've never had a carpeted boat here.
    I do plan on keeping it outside but under an awning when I buy it.

Well find a independent dealer that takes good care of there stock, to buy from. That's just me, never cared for the box stores. Because most of them don't seem to care. Yes I have Heard of exceptions. But the few that are around me I wouldn't buy from.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by onrecess View Post
    I know FL sun eats everything, it just seems 2 years is pretty quick. I've never had a carpeted boat here.
    I do plan on keeping it outside but under an awning when I buy it.
    Keep in mind 2018 models will be coming out soon so depending on when they got that boat in stock it could have been out closer to 3 years. I would not buy a boat that had been sitting outside that long unless I was getting it at a ridiculously low price. That's possible because at this point I have to think they are losing money on that boat every day it sits on the lot.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Keep in mind 2018 models will be coming out soon so depending on when they got that boat in stock it could have been out closer to 3 years. I would not buy a boat that had been sitting outside that long unless I was getting it at a ridiculously low price. That's possible because at this point I have to think they are losing money on that boat every day it sits on the lot.
    I am leaning towards new. The boat was 16k, that is about 3k off, but looked a lot worse than I'd buy. Can't understand why they would treat their stock so bad. Don't Tracker's new models come out in Late June or early July?

The carpet on my 2016 Tracker 175 was as good as it is on my 2017 Ranger RT. My Tracker was bought off the showroom floor, hadn't sat outside, and I stored it in the garage though. Long periods of direct sunlight will dull almost anything.

11. Member
    Exposure to the elements in Florida is brutal to just about anything.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    The carpet on my 2016 Tracker 175 was as good as it is on my 2017 Ranger RT. My Tracker was bought off the showroom floor, hadn't sat outside, and I stored it in the garage though. Long periods of direct sunlight will dull almost anything.
    That's good to know. Thanks

Another vote for keeping inside, my 185 is a 2005, 12 years old, still in good shape, yes a little fraying around some edges but not enough for me to redo yet....came with a custom cover and used 1 time on the way home and in attic.

14. Member
    My Tracker is garage kept, always. I even cringe when I take my boat out and it showers. Wood and water, don't mix. Eventually I'll change my carpet, on my 2011. My concern is treble hooks getting caught in the carpet, something to consider, perhaps that's why they have short loop carpet installed.

15. Member
    I'm planning on keeping it in the water in my backyard canal and I'm trying to figure how to do that and keep it covered.

Build a covered dock and/or you'll have to buy a really good cover that you can put on at the dock. A snap-on type cover seems to me like it would be the easiest to use as a mooring cover.

Here's a link to a company that builds them. http://www.canvascraftinc.com/boat-a...p-covers-page/

17. Member
    Thanks. A snap cover sounds good. I have a dock, but the other side of the boat is in the middle of the canal.

I recommend a automatic bilge pump. And I see up here, people will put a set of batteries in containers locked up on the dock with a huge bilge pump that they sit in the bilge. Basically ensures that any storms or all day rain events won't sink the boat and have enough juice to keep up with it.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.