Thread: No hole shot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No hole shot

I added talons and a 8" hydraulic jackplate and now with a partner and full live wells I can't Evan get on plane unless my buddy jumps up on the bow and max speed of 60.I thought Jackplates helped with performance I'm pretty disappointed. I can't raise talon brackets or swing them in any closer to the transom becouse of the ladder. I prolly should have gone 10" on jack plate then I wouldn't need the bracket spacers witch make the talon to close to the ladder so you can't get them very close to the transom. Anybody know of a fix?

2. Member
    What boat/prop /motor ? What is your p2p measurement ? Did it change when you changed plates?
    sre you blowing out and spinning the prop or are you bogging the prop?

3. Member
    21x, 225 regular opti with 25 tempest. Dose prop to pad Matter with hydraulic jackplate? It just bogs down. It also porpoise a lot at low speeds. Do I need a new 4 blade or a cavitation plate? Is four 31 agm batteries and four bank dualpro to much weight in the back? I don't carie much tackle or gear. Thank you

4. Member
    So you can't plane off even lowering the plate. Something seems wrong. Even with all the weight you shouldn't have a problem

5. Member
    Is my fix as simple as a new prop?

6. Member
    How many rpm's are you turning at 60 mph WOT? How many rpm's are you turning the 25 tempest out of the hole and what size vent holes are you running in it? You need to be turning 3500-4000 at take off.

7. Member
    I'm not getting enough rpm's. I don't remember the numbers. Prior to talons my rpms were rite were they needed to be.one vent hole wide open two large plugs in the others. I pulled another vent plug really not much better.

8. Member
    Dose a cavitation plate make a big difference ?

9. Member
    I've got a 21x,they are dogs getting on plane with a load

10. Member
    With the regular 225 opti max you need a bravo xs to get out of the hole.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    With the regular 225 opti max you need a bravo xs to get out of the hole.
    Would you do that over the fury4 24 pitch? Thanks chris

12. Member
    What size bravo xs? Or should I go with a fury 4 24? Would like to order one asap. Not looking for fastest prop I want best hole shot and stay on pad at lower speeds without pourpising.

13. Member
    Need to know the CURRENT WOT RPM's to determine the correct pitch for the new prop.

14. Member
    Fury 4 has a heck of a lot better holeshot on my Trx than a bravo XS

15. Member
    I don't think it will turn a Fury 4 any better than it will a 25" tempest. You need to drop in pitch with a tempest and stay at 25 with the bravo.

16. Member
    Lots of advice and ideas on how to improve.ive learned my tach is off so that adds to the problem. I ordered a bravo xs 26. Should be able to try it this weekend. Should I leave all the vent holes open? Thanks

17. Member
    26P is Too much pitch for a Standard Optimax......Return the prop for a 25P.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gldjerkbaitnh View Post
    Lots of advice and ideas on how to improve.ive learned my tach is off so that adds to the problem. I ordered a bravo xs 26. Should be able to try it this weekend. Should I leave all the vent holes open? Thanks
    So you had been running a 25 and not enough to get out of the hole so you order a 26? You went the wrong direction, go to a 24 like others have already said.

19. Member
    I thought the same thing. I called mark and he said 26. I don't know, hope i don't have to send it back.

No way would I have gone up in pitch. I was running a 26 trophy on my 21x w a 225 pro xs before I added a 36 v troller and dual poles. I now run a 25 Bravo if I want to get somewhere and a 24 or 21 trophy for holeshot when the lake is low. I took all the PVS plugs out of the trophy's but have a weed/blowout rings onn them. The bravo has 4 1 inch holes and it takes off like nothing. My top speed is right at 68-69 right now. My boat lost 3 mph easy when I added everything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast