Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haughton View Post
    My opinion is that you have two issues. One is bulb doesnt get firm and other is constant pump running. High pressure pump keeps fuel rail full of high pressure fuel. Bulb fills vst with fuel until motor is running then low pressure pump takes over to keep it full. If no excess fuel is noted then my guess would be bulb is bad.

I believe you can use volt meter to check if there is no continuity between negative post on pump and motor ground with key off. Joe or don can verify if correct. I would check mine when i get home but cindy is here raining on my weekend fun.

May he time to run it down to a shop to check it for you, they may gave a spare ecu to verify.
    Yeah I'm getting some of Cindy too over in DeRidder. I may end up having to put in the shop. Just a pain to drag it up to Toledo and drop it off for them to tell me its something out of my budget, pay them for work done, and go drag it back home. I checked the bulb again. It seems fine. It does get tight. Before I never really had to squeeze it tight. Just a couple pumps and it would fire off.

If your going that direction, take it to jay smith on rayburn. I would love to have him look over mine
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haughton View Post
    If your going that direction, take it to jay smith on rayburn. I would love to have him look over mine

MemberJoin DateJun 2017LocationLouisianaPosts12

#23Today, 10:03 PM
    I'll look in to him. Last guy I used was around 6 Mile. Hemphill, Tx. Carlson Marine I think. I'm going to try to break into this weekend a bit first if the rain subsides any.

4. Member
    report back on findings
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    report back on findings
    Will do. Thanks

6. Member
    Well i got to play with it a little today before another storm came through. Didnt get all I wanted done though. Changed fuel/water separator. Primed with bulb and engine fired right up. Idled fine about 20 secs and died. I'm getting 11.1 volts to the high pressure pump. Disconnected pump and ecu, cleaned terminals and reconnected. Made no difference. I'll try to post a picture if I can but I'm waiting on another filter to come in but I'm sure it wont make much difference. But I pulled this filter off and ran the motor (once it started) and with key on and hardly any fuel came out, with the filter off. According to the parts manual it for the Bleed System. Not sure of the exact name. Tomorrow (weather pending) I'm going to try to inspect the stator a little closer. I dont think its the issue but I've had problems in the past with an apparent overheating. I've had a waxy building on the engine in the past but seems to be more now so if the stator is good then I dont think itll be too much longer and itll be deceased. I assume anyway. First time I noticed the waxy drip was when I had the trigger problem and I thought it was a stator problem. The mechanic said the stator was fine then and probably just a got a little hot. Does anyone think this could be a stator issue? I know the pump continuing to when its not supposed to is odd but could it still be fine even though its not shutting off as long as the key is on? There is plenty of pressure. With the key on I pushed in the schrader valve and fuel shot about that 6 ft. Should I go ahead and rebuild the mechanical pump while I'm jacking with everything else? A lot of questions I know but is there away to reset the ECU if its causing a problem with the pump or anything else. Maybe cycle the power or something?
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    I found what might be a small leak from the diaphragm pump. Stator appears to be fine. At least from a charging standpoint. In the manual there is no info on resistance values running to the switch boxes. But I assume its fine. Here's a video of what I found today...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12