Getting repair estimate

This weekend while parked my trailer got hit. Fortunately a witness called the police after they parked and left the scene so I won't have to pay. Am I correct to assume that only a Ranger Dealer can accurately estimate the damages? Our closest dealer is over an hour away and I'm not really sure how many boats they see. The boat is a 521c and roughly a 1' x 1' section of the corners is pretty tore up. Is a full fender replacement likely? Thanks for any input.

2. Member
    Sounds like a new fender. You could take to any shop, or just let the adjuster write their own estimate. The insurance will still pay the actual repair cost to shop you have fixed at. No different than a car.

3. Member
    the person who hit you is a POS to leave and not notify you, i try to park far enough away from idiots who cant drive or use mirrors, hope you get it all fixed up new fender is approx $1200.00

4. Member
    Just so you know, the cost of a new fender was pretty reasonable - 975 shipped to GA. I am figuring 2 hours labor to get it installed.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    Just so you know, the cost of a new fender was pretty reasonable - 975 shipped to GA. I am figuring 2 hours labor to get it installed.
    That sounds about right which comes out to around $1200. Especially if you ordered it with all the lights.

6. Member
    Just had the same thing happen to me. I'm fortunate the guy left a note on my truck with his contact info. Estimate from dealer was a little over $1100, which was new fender, light, backboard and labor. My trailer is an 04 which is probably a little cheaper than a newer one. Going to try to install myself, cant imagine it being that hard.

7. Member

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgixxer99 View Post
    Just had the same thing happen to me. I'm fortunate the guy left a note on my truck with his contact info. Estimate from dealer was a little over $1100, which was new fender, light, backboard and labor. My trailer is an 04 which is probably a little cheaper than a newer one. Going to try to install myself, cant imagine it being that hard.
    If the man's insurance that hit you is going to pay for it, why not just let the dealer that gave you the quote fix it. Its a two or so hour job when you have to mount the backboard not unless Ranger will send the fender with the backboard mounted.