Dale hollow info?

I'm renting a house boat Aug 7-14 on dale hollow. Wanted to know if there's any must Do-best places to eat on the lake?
    im trying to avoid bringing my boat. Is there any places to rent a decent fishing boat ( trolling motor not a John boat?)

i have read there's great night fishing for smallies. Any areas better to try and baits I should bring would be greatly appreciated!

Thinking on hiring a guide for a day or two. Have 4 adults and a 12 year old. Any guide recommendations?

I live in NC and fish Falls Lake, Sharon Harris and have a house on Kerr lake. If anyone ever needs any info on those lakes! Let me know.

Thank you for your time and any info you can help me is Awesome.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

2. Member
    Willow Grove and Mitchell creek have decent food. I wouldn't say they great though. I don't know of any marinas that rent bass boats, or anything other than a jon boat. August is hit or miss as far as fishing goes. I have gone on night trips with Greg Brisendine (dusk til dawn guide service) a few times. If all 5 of you want to fish you will need to hire a 2nd guide. Dale Hollow Dave does night time trolling trips I think, he can take up to 6 people I believe.

3. Member
    Thank you
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

4. Member
    For food, check out Dale Hollow 1 Stop BBQ. Some good eats there. Night bite will be your best bet at that time of year
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Sulphur creek and willow grove are the best on the lake as far as food goes with cedar hill trailing behind them. Mitchell creek has a new crew working the restaurant and there way over priced. In august if your looking to catch smallmouth at night stay close to the river channel most of the fish will be 20-30ft that time of year. You need to be sitting in 60-70 foot throwing into 15. Your looking for places where the river channel touches a underwater hump, point or island. your basically fishing a ledge. Most people just beat the bank that come here but you'll do much better numbers and size that time of year out off the bank. You don't need a whole bunch of junk to fish either 3 lures a 3/4oz black and blue short arm spinner bait a 3/8oz weed less hair jig black/blue or black/chartreuse my favorite is bear hair or a 3/8oz chompers jig head rigged with a smallie beaver in black/blue or black light color. Ill give you one spot as you enter Sulphur creek there is a big rock on the right. Fish from the big rock out to the buoy. If you've got good electronics you can find every place in the lake that sets up like this. And ps most marinas rental boats suck and aren't rigged for black lights.