Mercmonitor Trim Readout Issue

For some unknown reason this weekend, my Mercmonitor Trim readout went crazy, providing all sorts of inaccurate trim conditions and the pop up window would also pop up for no
    apparent reason (i.e., while running and not trimming). The trim on the boat was operating normally and I had no issues trimming (2007 Optimax 150 (1B480346)), just the readout was
    inaccurate. The unit is only a few months old.

I plan to re-calibrate, but have not done so yet. I may try to re-calibrate off the water using instructions I found on another thread (trim vs tilt). Anything else I should do or look for?

thanks,

Triton TR-186, Mercury Optimax 150

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Fred- I'd recommend unplugging, cleaning, and reconnecting the 3 wires that go to the Digital Trim Sender. Make CERTAIN that the colors match (exception is Black to Black w/ORANGE STRIPE).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks Don! I'll get that done.
    Triton TR-186, Mercury Optimax 150