Thread: How's the ride?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How's the ride?

Hey guys, thinking about coming out of my 2012 Ranger Z521 and going into a new bullet. I love my ranger but the ride is something of question. I was wondering if you guys can give me any input if you have come from a Ranger to a bullet or tell me more about the ride? I love my RANGER because of the size and fish abilities but I don't like how it rides through the waves or rough water!

2. Member
    my buddy I fish with has a Ranger, like to fish out of it, Terrible ride, my Bullets that I've owned(2001,2004,2016) out ride any boat I've ever been in. All of mine have been the 21'10" ft, which handle rough water better than a 20' ft, but still are not bad.

u will be very surprised how how good they ride and how dry of a ride but remember u can take a person who doesn't know how to drive a Bullet in big water and it's going to ride bad I believe that it takes a good driver and a good boat to make a good ride. I went from a ranger to 21xrd and there is big difference in the ride and I have taken ranger guys out in my boat and they can't believe how good they ride. Best thing to do is find someone who lives close and ask them to take you for a ride.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

4. Member
    I just came out of a skeeter and that's exactly what I did thanks to Rex he allowed me to play around in his.

5. Banned
    Like Bullet Bling mentioned above. The best thing is to do find someone who has a 21'10" Bullet and have them take you fishing, let you run the trolling motor, and find some rough water to calm it down with the Bullet. Believe me you'll be impressed and surprised. I've had a 21'10"xd for 23 years and people are still amazed the way it looks, rides, and fishes.

The only guys who say they ride bad has never been in one or are trying to justify their $20,000 extra money on a production boat

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

You just need to ride in one ..... don't forget bout the XRS too !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    My 21XD/250XS is a pleasure to drive, and a very nice ride. A 521 is no comparison.

But...

I'd rather fish out of a 521.

Flip a coin! What is more important to you.

9. Member
    come to Arkansas, Alli and I will take you for a ride, he has a 20'ft I've got a 21'10"ft both with 300's

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    My 21XD/250XS is a pleasure to drive, and a very nice ride. A 521 is no comparison.

But...

I'd rather fish out of a 521.

Flip a coin! What is more important to you.
    Thats where I'm at right know! As far as fishing my 521 is perfect, but the ride is important!

I actually prefer the fishability of a bullet. Id rather use a smaller 24v troller to do the same thing it takes a 112 on a ranger to do. It also burns tons less fuel

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    come to Arkansas, Alli and I will take you for a ride, he has a 20'ft I've got a 21'10"ft both with 300's
    I wish I wasn't so far away! I really appreciate it the offer! I do want to ride in one

Im down in key largo right now- wish i had it with me. Slip up to georgia or bama and get a ride with one of them guys. Youll love it

Best boat I've ever been in. Guys go on about their "wide" decks, Bullets have a big deck too. Long and just a few inches more narrow. Plenty of room on the decks and in the compartments. I came out of a Stratos and have fished out of several brands. I love the fishibility, room, ride and speed of a Bullet! I may be prejudice, but Bullets IMO are the best boats made!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Is there a spec for deck area on boats? Ive been in a few of those big rangers and id be willing to bet a 21x bullet has a bigger deck. It looks like an aircraft carrier.

Dusty, I agree! It's just some of the "other brand guys" act like they have a parking lot size deck and I make a point to start with the deck. A buddy of mine has a big Nitro and when he seen mine, he just about freaked! He said that is one big deck! Bullets have a slightly more slinder aerodynamic shape but that is part of their performance design. I like a long deck. I catch a fish from one side at a time not both. I run from front to back, not across!

I fish 2 on my 20xrd deck pretty much every time i fish and im never crowded even with a butt seat in the middle

I feel the same way about my deck. Bullets don't have a fatty shape, but they do have a big deck.

19. Member
    Well let's see, Faster, better Ride, lighter to tow, better gas mileage, get into skinnier water, better build,better looking, seems to me it's an easy choice, A BULLET!!!

Todd just said it all!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast