Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Ohyeah and the water I am in is quite clear, that's why its so odd. I even did a factory reset and no change. The beauty of Garmin is it just works without much fiddling that's why this is so odd.

2. Member
    To follow up, I tried Todd's method for marking waypoints off to the side. The cursor keypad does pause, but you have to push up or down, I was just trying to go to the side to move the cursor. Once you press up to pause then you can move to the side.

3. Member
    That should get your waypoints in the ball park then. You can also use that same technique to mark waypoints behind the boat on 2D and Down views.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    Back to the TVG thingy, I tried it again today with some of the recommendations. Ended up back on MED -which is where it originally was set. I thought it supposed to reduce clutter, but not what I'm experiencing. But, I did catch 18 sac a lait so not all was lost.

5. Member
    TeeDee. What setup are you running. Just thinking maybe this is something specific to the gt30 running through the black box?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    TeeDee. What setup are you running. Just thinking maybe this is something specific to the gt30 running through the black box?
    93sv chirp with GT52HW btw From another forum discussions of similar experiences with the TVG ON/OFF with different ducers also. I admit that my research/readings are similar to what Larry posted, but for whatever reason I cannot find settings that will allow turning off TVG.
    Last edited by TeeDee; 06-22-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12