Thread: E Start

E Start

Anyone have an E Start system installed on their boat? I had one on a boat that I bought, and I am kind of unsure how exactly it works, there looks to be two jumper cables coming from a box on the transom lid, then there is a red switch near the throttle, I believe you hook those jumpers up and hit the red switch while starting the engine?

2. Member
    I have 1, never used it. my understanding is that its already hooked up. You just have to flip up the red switch and crank it over. It pulls from your trolling motor batteries. I may be wrong u might have to hook up cables in the back. Ut im not sure.

3. Member
    My cables are not hooked up, I wonder in what configuration are they supposed to be hooked up. Im having a hard time finding anything on this anywhere.

4. Member
    Should have a positive and negative ×2 coming out of the box. One set goes to the trolling battery with the negative trolling motor cable (supposedly that helps with graph interference) and the other set goes to your starting battery. Press the red button to send power from the trolling battery to the starting battery to get a jump then release button.

5. Member
    Mine was prerigged from the factory. Just hold up the switch until the motor starts.

I have used mine on several occasions

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    It may have been unhooked for a reason, Phoenix stopped using Estart because of problems and now recommends tournament saver pro elite. Don't know what issues they had.
    I would test before hooking to get starting battery. Connect the positive and negative to 12v on a trolling battery and with the button pushed check the voltage on the cables that are supposed to go to the cranking battery.
    It's a great feature to have, I have been running my on homemade version for 20 years on other boats but I went with the tournament saver pro this time.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Member
    Drew how did you mount yours in the back saw your pictures but check my 721 it appears to be a plastic panel
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The right hand edge of the plastic panel will have solid fiberglass you can screw into, the left holds fine in the plastic. It's not very heavy
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    Hmm mine only has two cables.. Total. I will snap pics later when I get home

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    it probably uses a direct ground cable between the batteries, love to see a pic of the box and the batteries
    info@drewcraft.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    it probably uses a direct ground cable between the batteries, love to see a pic of the box and the batteries
    Good possibility.

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    It may have been unhooked for a reason, Phoenix stopped using Estart because of problems and now recommends tournament saver pro elite. I went with the tournament saver pro this time.
    You got a link, Drew?

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    You got a link, Drew?
    it was Jeff at Phoenix who told me to go with the tournament saver pro, I tried to order the e-start on my boat new and he said they stopped using them due to some electrical interference, especially on the SHO. the Tournament saver pro is flawless, it uses a separate ground and powers the solenoid from the trolling battery. until the button is pushed there is no electrical connection between the batteries.
    http://tournamentsaverpro.com/videos/
    info@drewcraft.com

14. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks Drew! Looks like the deal.

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Thanks Drew! Looks like the deal.
    Tackle Warehouse also sales them http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Tourn...age-TSPRO.html
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    I installed one over the weekend. I ran my wires from the tray by the gear shift and mounted it on the ledge there on the bottom right next to my PP switch and the remote to my Jensen Stereo. The wire path was super easy from there.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max