Thread: Trailer tires

Trailer tires

After years I finally had a tire fail on my boat trailer. The trailer is a double axel unit with 14" tires. It has T or TRAILER tires on it. I was told that 14" tires are getting very hard to find!

The question is is can I put car or truck tires on the trailer. USA built only please.

The boat is 20'4" Nitro 898 with a 200 EFI on it. Weight unknown.

Suggestions welome.

New good years are rolling and have great review from me and many others. Goodyear endurance. Take a look other than there more spendy than a cheepo but still cheaper than a custom wheel job

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coontie57 View Post
    After years I finally had a tire fail on my boat trailer. The trailer is a double axel unit with 14" tires. It has T or TRAILER tires on it. I was told that 14" tires are getting very hard to find!

The question is is can I put car or truck tires on the trailer. USA built only please.

The boat is 20'4" Nitro 898 with a 200 EFI on it. Weight unknown.

Suggestions welome.
    I would put some Carlisle load range D. They are made in America.

14" tires are not hard to find. I'd stick with the trailer tires as opposed to radials. The sidewalls are stiffer on the trailer tires. Also I recommend the load range D tires which you can now find for the 14" rim. Goodyear Endurance

5. Member
    Just got the new goodyear endurance for my 14" wheels. Got them on a $100 off when ordering 4 through goodyears website. These tires pull like a dream compared to the old marathons I had.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

6. Member
    Carlisle and Discount tire told me their load range D tires are not made in America. I did not verify this by looking at the tire sidewall to see where they are made. If they are Chinese made like their C rated 14 inch tires I would stay away from them. I have lost two boat fenders running them. Buy the Endurance tire.

Goodyear Endurance tires are made in America and have had great reviews. I have a set on my trailer, only time will really tell but I'm impressed with the load range and they make them in a 14" tire.

Tire Size: ST205/75-14
    Change Size

• Speed Rating
      N (87 mph)
    • Load Index
      105 (2039 lbs)
    • Sidewall
      Black

Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke