Prop reccomendations for 2002 ranger 518 with Yamaha vmax hpdi 200

I need some suggestions on another prop for this boat. When I bought it, it came with 25p tempest. It ran 5300 rpm at wot. I added another battery for a 36 volt trolling motor and I could only get 5100 rpms wot. So I found a 23p tempest and got my rpms back up. This past winter I added a talon to the back and everything was fine until this summer. I can't get the boat to plane. Prop to pad is at 3.5". I took the 1 large pvs plug out and I am turning 3900 rpms but it will just not break over. Not any places around here that will let me test a prop, and I don't want to waste money buying different props that may or may not work. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Member
    23p is prob too small for your rig. You could try raising the motor 1/4 inch at a time to see if that will help it break over on plane. I run a 24 raker 2 on my 200 efi merc on a r93 ranger and it does pretty good, 24 tempest does good too but the raker has a better hole shot and top end on my rig. May have to try a 4 blade also like a bravo

3. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions, I talked to mark and he recommended a bravo also.

4. Member
    I have a very nice 23 TXP OT4 that I used to run on a 200 HPDI. Would get 5700 rpms on my 19' flats boat. Very fast prop and can be run very high on the jack plate. It is currently for sale in the classifieds.