Thread: Z18 owners

Banned

Z18 owners

I am looking at a leftover 2016. Tell me your pros and cons. What would you have done different or added at purchase. Any regrets?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    I am looking at a leftover 2016. Tell me your pros and cons. What would you have done different or added at purchase. Any regrets?
    I did the same thing you are considering. Bought a new, very basic 2016 Z18 with the 175 Pro XS in Feb. of this year. After I added everything I wanted, I ended up spending almost the same amount as a Z19 Pro Package would have been. I love the boat. No real regrets other than I wished I had upgraded to the tandem axle trailer. My list of upgrades included: Bow to stern 7 year extended warranty,Helix 10si Mega/Helix 9di networked, Ultrex Iplot link 45"/36V, 4 bank charger, 8" Atlas jack plate, 8' Power Pole blade, 4 blade Fury, port console, center seat, sandwich tray, bow tool holder, rod organizer, center tackle organizer, port under console storage, hot foot, and Pro trim and jack plate levers column mounted.

Pros - boat fishes like a much bigger platform than it is. 2 guys can fish from the front easily, Handles rough water surprisingly well, and has a lot of storage for its size.
    Cons - Could have bought the Z19 Pro Package for what I spent on the Z18 after adding everything, doesn't have a tandem axle trailer.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

3. Banned
    Thanks for your input. The deal I am working on is at a significant discount to MSRP. Nothing extra on the boat other than the dual console and a boat cover. The only upgrade I would want now is the console electronics, which I can bring and they will install for nothing and move the Mark5 to the bow. I would also try and have the hot foot and trim added as part of the deal. Comes with a 5 year warranty on mercury 150 and $1000 BPS gift card. One of my worries is the rough water handling. I would probably wait to add a better trolling motor.

4. Member
    They handle rough water just fine. Just like any bass boat a lot depends on being able to drive in rough water. 4 foot plus rollers are no fun in any bass boat. You looking at the one at ph? Lots of barely used trolling motors out there from people upgrading to ultrex motors that are much better than that maxxum that comes on em. Lots of upgrades on mine-trolling motor, jackplate, electronics, bigger better start battery. I like the boat just fine, it's great to fish out of, goes fast enough for its size, it's been fine in any rough water it's been in on all the bigger lakes in this area. I usually go out 4 to 5 times a week from ice out till October, no major issues last summer and it's doing good so far this one
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

5. Banned
    I took the z18 for a test ride yesterday. Great boat, I am not very experienced with boats in general but I was impressed. The lake was pretty choppy and the boat handled it really nice.

If I upgraded from an 18' 9" boat (Z7, Z18) I'd go to a 20" plus. For the money it's a much better upgrade in my opinion.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewerbass View Post
    They handle rough water just fine. Just like any bass boat a lot depends on being able to drive in rough water. 4 foot plus rollers are no fun in any bass boat. You looking at the one at ph? Lots of barely used trolling motors out there from people upgrading to ultrex motors that are much better than that maxxum that comes on em. Lots of upgrades on mine-trolling motor, jackplate, electronics, bigger better start battery. I like the boat just fine, it's great to fish out of, goes fast enough for its size, it's been fine in any rough water it's been in on all the bigger lakes in this area. I usually go out 4 to 5 times a week from ice out till October, no major issues last summer and it's doing good so far this one
    It is the one at PH. I should hopefully take delivery this week as long as nothing changes with the deal.