Just starting to look for Class C motor home any

Brands that I should stay away from or better brands, not looking to buy new. Seems like many are on Ford body's and that's ok.....just looking for suggestions and what is considered to high of millage on one.
    Thanks

2. Member

Thanks, I think I have found one but we will see ....

4. Member
    Most of the Ford chassis motor homes use the V-10 ...... MAJOR gas hog!! We used to have a 24' Tioga class C powered (?) by an enemic 350 chevy. On the flats it was ok but if you tried to tow anything, well it wasn't made for towing.

5. Banned
    Just about all the Class C's are tough on gas. The V-10 Ford is actually better than most, as it's a modern engine--preferred by many campers. I'd think you'd be looking at 9-10 mpg most of the time. A bigger Class A may be more like 7 mpg with the gas engines.

Because you have a camper doesn't always mean you have to go far to camp. We have a friend with a motorhome that stays gone all the time and they hardly use a tank of fuel per year.

We have a city campground (downtown), four state parks and a number of government owned campgrounds within an hour of home. But we leave our fifth wheel 300 miles away--in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Georgia.

Thanks, I have found one that is close to me and he took my offer, so thanks for the comments and yes it will be some short trips and then maybe some longer ones later in the year to come..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtlgator View Post
    Thanks, I have found one that is close to me and he took my offer, so thanks for the comments and yes it will be some short trips and then maybe some longer ones later in the year to come..
    Congrats - What model did you get?
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

8. Member
    Supper c (class 8 truck conversion) is the only way to go.

Sorry it took so long for a reply, been up to my arse dealing with's Irma destruction of yard and condo unit....

It's a 2007 chevy chateau, 6.0 Vortec engine, 28', year old 3800 generator, small hot water heater, 6 gallon that I can use up quick....35,000 miles on it, new tires and inside is very clean for an 07.

Tried to add pictures but file too big, I'll work on that..