Puma Measurement Help

Can anybody tell me the width measurement at bow seat pedestal from inside to inside width?

I'll also like to hear feedback comparison on a Puma to a Bullet 21XRS/SDC if anybody has fished out of both.

Thanks

BCB uses a 5x5 dimension on the bow of their models for description. The Puma FTD is listed as 50" from the nose at the pedestal location and a 56" beam inside., the Cougar FTD is listed as 55" inside the gunnels.

The location of the pedestal in relation to the nose tip is critical, as it gives you better position for most anglers. Never measure only the beam inside, also consider the location from the bow. If BCB were move the location further back then they could easily achieve more beam on the inside deck. They prefer the forward locations, plus some bass boat brands have a long pointed nose which moves you further back. This makes it more difficult to complete short roll casts from that location. With a BCB you can fish either side of the bow, even on the wider decked models. And performance of TH hull is well known.

Here is a link to the drawn dimensions:
    http://bass-cat-boats.u.yuku.com/fs/view/fid/177565

3. Member
    Thanks. Tried the link, but didn't see any measurements.

4. Member
    You can find it on the owner's board in the FAQ section, posted in early 2013. Scroll back a couple of pages.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Can anybody tell me the width measurement at bow seat pedestal from inside to inside width?

I'll also like to hear feedback comparison on a Puma to a Bullet 21XRS/SDC if anybody has fished out of both.

Thanks
    Get in touch with opaleski, he had a bullett then a puma and now has 2 jags.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Get in touch with opaleski, he had a bullett then a puma and now has 2 jags.
    Andys Bullet was not the ones the OP is asking about his was a 21 XRD....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    Aren't they the same hulls with different layouts?? Don't know much about them. The only one I ever checked out was Andy's when he came over to look at my puma. Maybe I'm missing the question and the op wants layout info as a comparison too. Was assuming he just wanted to compare the two boats in general.

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....7f0fc79c3e.bmp

the link works for us though this should be an absolute location link.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....7f0fc79c3e.bmp

the link works for us though this should be an absolute location link.
    Thanks. I asked about the XRS because that is supposed to be the single console version of the SDC. I think the XRD hull is close, but different top. I will still reach out to opleski because he will know more than most how they compare. Thanks