Thread: DB35 slide pins

DB35 slide pins

Last week I had fluid dripping from the A60 on the tongue of my trailer. I ordered a new one and decided to remove the right side rear hub that was leaking oil and convert to grease. I am converting to grease as needed when the oil bath hubs start leaking. Also replacing the grooved wear ring at the same time.

The rear axle on my trailer have DB35 brakes. Getting the bottom allen bolt out was a b*tch being so close to the axle. Before removing the caliper, I noticed when I was spinning the rotor, the brakes would slightly drag on one portion of the rotor and not touch on the rest of it. The pads look in good shape and I never feel that the brakes are not working when towing. Also the hubs just feel warm after towing, but I usually only tow 12 miles. Can the caliper slide pins be lubed to fix this issue or will I need a new caliper. If I go the caliper route, will I need to change them both and the rotors too? Thanks.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Found what I was looking for about the slider pins from an old post. Going to try lubing the pins first before replacing the caliper.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ht=Slider+pins
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870