Thread: Bluegrass FWA

Bluegrass FWA

never been there , going on monday .... are the ramps at Bluegrass pit and or Loon pit good enough for a bass boat ??? saw on another old post when searching that a ramp down there messed up someones trailer a few years back ??? are they gravel or concrete or ??? thanks and any hints suggestions about where to launch my Ranger are appreciated ..

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blockzilla View Post
    never been there , going on monday .... are the ramps at Bluegrass pit and or Loon pit good enough for a bass boat ??? saw on another old post when searching that a ramp down there messed up someones trailer a few years back ??? are they gravel or concrete or ??? thanks and any hints suggestions about where to launch my Ranger are appreciated ..
    Ramps are fine. Depends on which pit you go to on whether the ramp is gravel or concrete, but you won't have any problems.

3. Member
    Ok thanks , probably try Bluegrass pit and or Loon ...

4. Member
    Ok thanks , probably try Bluegrass pit and or Loon ...
    Either are good choices. The grass isn't like it used to be, and there is a lot of spirogyra algae, which can be difficult to fish FYI.

5. Member
    well that didn't work out so good , went over to Loon , went off the end of the concrete ramp before the water even touched the boat .... trailer/boat fell about a foot or more , dang near tore my fiberglass trailer fenders up .... good thing I had 4WD to get it back up over the end of the ramp or I would have been in big trouble .... water must be way down is all I can guess,,,, got it out of there and salvaged the day fishing north of there rest of the day ..... just a heads up for those with intentions of going there if the water is down ??

6. Member
    well that didn't work out so good , went over to Loon , went off the end of the concrete ramp before the water even touched the boat .... trailer/boat fell about a foot or more , dang near tore my fiberglass trailer fenders up .... good thing I had 4WD to get it back up over the end of the ramp or I would have been in big trouble .... water must be way down is all I can guess,,,, got it out of there and salvaged the day fishing north of there rest of the day ..... just a heads up for those with intentions of going there if the water is down ??
    I was at bluegrass last week and the water was fine. I backed up pretty far and never went off the ramp. They really need to post a sign up at that ramp if it is an issue. Call Sugar Ridge and report it and tell them to post something up or there could be lawsuits.

7. Member
    after looking at the waterline marks on the reeds , I was just assuming that the water was down 1 1/2 - 2' ? that would explain why the ramp ran out on me before the water reached to the boat .... but having never been there before I wasn't sure what the actual proper water level was supposed to be ..... I know we haven't had much rain around here .. would like to go back and fish it , it looked pretty good .. If you notice the water come up at least another foot PM me and let me know .. thks

8. Member
    The water doesn't get in the reeds anymore (other than high water events, which caused those water marks you saw), so that would be the normal water level, or at least close to it. That is why I am surprised that you had an issue and it wasn't posted at the ramp. A lot of people fish that pit, so I would think your issue would be common. The DNR should be held responsible for at least not warning people about it.

9. Member
    Bluegrass pit wasnt an issue for us, just Loon.. we put in at Bluegrass and fished for a few hours without any luck, so we decided to try Loon... thats when we ran out of ramp... So Bluegrass ramp must be deeper into the water ...There were 3 other boat trailers there at Loon ,so they must have had smaller/ lighter boats than mine... oh well maybe we can go back and kayak fish it sometime... thanks for all your help/info.. and good luck to you.. catch some good ones ..