Alabama Bass Club Moderator

Results of June NoAl "Tennessee River Trailer Tournament"

The June NoAl tournament was held today with a good ten boat turnout. This was our annual trailer tournament which allowed participants to fish any Tennessee River lake, although all of us ended up fishing on Pickwick, with registration and weigh in at McFarland Park. Most everyone elected to try their hand at fishing the ledges but lack of current really hurt the bite today for the most part. David Scogin and I decided to stick close to the upper end of the lake and junk fish some areas that might not be as dependent on the current. Fortunately for us, it worked out well and we ended up in first place with a pretty decent bag weighing 18.94 pounds anchored by a 5.32 pound largemouth which earned big fish honors. Second place went to one of the teams fishing the ledges down river, Terry Burleson and Chris Mayfield, with 17.38 pounds.

The highlight of the day, though, was the cookout after weigh in with participants and family members spending a little time together to get caught up and enjoy each others company. My wife, Angel, put together a wonderful spread that we all enjoyed tremendously and some of our guests brought garden-fresh vegetables and deserts that were absolutely amazing! Thanks to everyone that stuck around to join us and a HUGE thanks to those that brought treats! (Oh, and I've GOT to get that recipe from Carolyn Baker!!)

Last edited by AveryF; 06-18-2017 at 12:22 PM.

I hate that I missed this one.... Was already committed to Neely.... Looks like y'all had a pretty good day....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

3. Member
    Thanks to everyone for coming out, it's always good to see everyone. All the pictures I took today are on the link below. If you have a hard time getting to them let me know!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=95a9e4c0b7

4. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMerchant View Post
    Thanks to everyone for coming out, it's always good to see everyone. All the pictures I took today are on the link below. If you have a hard time getting to them let me know!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=95a9e4c0b7
    Awesome pictures, Katie! Thanks for sharing!!

5. Member
    Sounds like y'all had a great time. Congrats on the good bags of fish also.

6. Member
    As always great food and enjoyed fishing with my dad and son. Thanks to all involved with the meal and congratulations to Avery and David

7. Member
    it was good to see everyone again, and thanks to those who cooked. The food was awesome! And congrats to Avery and David, I was blown away when I found out you guys had over an 18lb bag when I couldn't even put one in the boat that was over 11"!
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

8. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by The gurg View Post
    ........ And congrats to Avery and David, I was blown away when I found out you guys had over an 18lb bag when I couldn't even put one in the boat that was over 11"!
    I was shocked, too, to see we had that much. I'm not very good at "eye balling" weights but I really thought we had between 12 and 13 pounds. And believe me, skill had absolutely nothing to do with it!

9. Member
    Congrats to everyone. It was a slow steady grind for me and Jimmy C. we were expecting to get our bite early but no current changed all that. Catching our final keeper with less than a hour to go. Sounds like we should have followed either Avery and David or Terry and Chris. Actually 11.53 was way more than I expected with no current. My hats off to the chef's wow what a great spred. Great visiting with everybody again and maybe we'll get to see yall next time if work will stay out of the way lol.

10. Member
    Want to give a shoutout to Avery and Angel for putting on such a great event. Avery, we are so blessed to have the wives we have. Congratulations to the winners!!

11. Member
    wish I could have came and ate atleast. but both kids was sick.