Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Wow, I'm having same problem on my 16 921. Took out two lowrance 12s and I'm running a 7610 and 7612 up front and a garmin 7612 at dash. Started having issues so I got a northstar cranking battery. Still issues so I just got lithium pros (not because of problem but because I wanted less weight). I haven't installed them yet but I'm truly hoping my issue is loose nuts!! lol. It's been driving me crazy. Last weekend the front and rear were Constantly beeping at me and front lost signal. I was ready to sell everything for a dollar last Sunday guess I'll check my nuts before I sell out. ��

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schilling1 View Post
    Wow, I'm having same problem on my 16 921. Took out two lowrance 12s and I'm running a 7610 and 7612 up front and a garmin 7612 at dash. Started having issues so I got a northstar cranking battery. Still issues so I just got lithium pros (not because of problem but because I wanted less weight). I haven't installed them yet but I'm truly hoping my issue is loose nuts!! lol. It's been driving me crazy. Last weekend the front and rear were Constantly beeping at me and front lost signal. I was ready to sell everything for a dollar last Sunday guess I'll check my nuts before I sell out. ��
    That makes two 921s that someone could buy cheap then because I have had about all I can take. Between trolling motor, trailer, tire and motor issues and now this I'm about done. Everytime I am on the water there's some new problem that comes up. I've never owned a boat that's had this much stuff wrong with it and with having it for two years I normally have the bugs worked out within a year or less.

Ill give you two for it.

Hope you get it figured out.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanbass View Post
    Yes it's 13.58. My unit will work fine for about 15-20 minutes then shut off or say sonar lost. If it goes off it won't come back on either. Hydro wave will stop working as well. Had my battery tested and it's saying it's fine. I'm running a batteries plus x2. Garmin 7612xsv talked to garmin and it appears everything is working fine on their end.
    I have the same issues and same battery.

5. Member
    Any updates on a fix for all of our issues?

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    . everyone I have spoken with had a verity of different issues and some not related to the boat wiring but Im sure some of us can help you sort out your problem if we know more info about it, have you checked your voltage with a test meter at the connections where the graphs are wired?
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Member
    I talked to Tim at Phoenix yesterday he suggested running a power and ground wire for the bow graph and and console graph directly from the battery with a inline fuse using 10 gauge marine grade wire. I've got my wire ordered and I will install as soon as I get it. He says it seems like the Garmin and the Humminbird units require a little more power.

8. Banned
    yes with new humminbird units like the solix you need 10 gauge at the least. instead of running directly to the battery add you a separate blue sea fuse block and connect it the battery with 8. Mine is 6 to the block and 8 to each unit.

9. Member
    If your graphs are not wired direct to batterybor a circuit like troy describes you will have issues. The big graphs with imaging and all that pull to much power for that small wire

With the help of Drew I check mine all the way to my bow 1159 and it was all good voltage but I still get a low voltage alarm on my 1159. I'm may try running a larger wire. I've read where the larger units need a bigger wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger61 View Post
    With the help of Drew I check mine all the way to my bow 1159 and it was all good voltage but I still get a low voltage alarm on my 1159. I'm may try running a larger wire. I've read where the larger units need a bigger wire.
    If that is a Humminbird, the smart play is to cut the HB supplied power cable as short as possible when you rewire. It is only 18 gauge and causes a significant voltage drop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12