Spinnerbait hook placement

I know lots of you pour your own spinnerbait heads. Is there any data on the optimum spot to put the hook/wire connection in the mold? I've poured hundreds in different styles but never really saw any instructions on where that spot is. I usually place it about mid-way in the body but I could be wrong. Where do you guys put it and why.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    That's where Jewel puts the Wareagle spinnerbaits they build, you don't say where you are located but if you are around Midway, Ar., stop in at the Jewel facility and take the tour, you can learn a lot

3. Member
    There is no standard place but I like to have the eye of the hook right where the body is the widest. I like the Do-it ultra minnow, I like it better than my custom and on that mold I have the hook eye right where the gill plate is. I make my own wire forms so hook placement can vary but the angle of the wire coming out of the head along with the length of the wire will usually determine where the hook eye will go, if the hook is too far back you won't be able to line it up in the mold without making another bend in the wire, too far forward and you'll end up with too much wire coming out of the head.

Put the connection in the thickest part of the head.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Put the connection in the thickest part of the head.
    Ditto