2006 Optimax won't start

I have a 2006 mercury optimax that won't start. I've had the boat since march absolutely no issues what so ever. went to the lake today and went to start it. turned the key, it beeped like usual and u can hear the fuel pump kick on like normal however when i go to crank it over nothing happens at all not even a tick. i checked kill switch and made sure its in neutral. checked everything i can think of. I then took the hood off and checked all connections on the motor and all were tight. i checked power at the battery, starter and solenoid and have 12 volts all places. tried turing the key and lightly tapping on the starter as well as i know they can stick sometimes and still nothing.

I just put new depth finders on na this would have been the first time out and at first i thought maybe i bumped a wire or something however the only wires i even touched were the power to my old units and properly spliced them the power to my new units, did this on my old boat and had no issues so i was familiar with the process. I'm wondering if it is the starter or solenoid and just happened at a weird time. any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    check fuses
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    have you checked the wiring at the key switch. The third wire could have come loose