Thread: Livewell vents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Livewell vents

Installed a pair of V-T2 livewell vents to my Alweld. Last tourney, weighmaster struggled to get my fish under control. He asked me what kind of drugs was I giving the fish! These vents really do work!
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. Banned
    Yes they do

3. Banned
    Yup!

I installed my VT2 Livewell vents two years ago and have only one fish since and that was because of my own screwup...... I overfilled the livewell and started using the pumpout feature on my boat to take out the excess water..... Needless to say by the time I realized what I had done the fish had died. However, all other times my fish has been very lively and my fish have always been more lively than those in my club that have weighed in fish. I never lose fish even on the hottest of days.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

5. Member
    Do you have a picture of what that looks like.

Just installed mine a few days ago I already noticed that some of the smell has cleared up. I haven't fished a tournament yet but I can't imagine them not helping the fish.

Do they replace existing latches or do you drill new holes?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Do they replace existing latches or do you drill new holes?
    Drill new holes

Iam going to put 2 of them in my bilge hatch. To vent any gas fumes that might be down there. Portable 6gal tank now.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Drill new holes

Iam going to put 2 of them in my bilge hatch. To vent any gas fumes that might be down there. Portable 6gal tank now.
    That is a good idea!
    2008 Tracker PT 190
    2015 Merc 90HP 4stroke, 19P Spitfire X7 44-45mph
    Lowrance Elite Ti7
    Minnkota Powerdrive V2 iPilot

10. Member
    Drill new holes

Be careful you might be inviting rain water to get into your bilge area around your fuel tank and your batteries and battery charger if you have one in your bilge area...Just a thought

11. Member
    I put them on my boat this spring. First tournament i lost one fish but i think that was more due to my aerator getting clogged and me not noticing. The rest of my fish were the liveliest out of all the boats. He was alive just enough for me to win 1st but not enough to swim away. I think they work great. .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftck2 View Post
    Do you have a picture of what that looks like.
    here's a couple o pics....I also insulated the lid
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

Quote Originally Posted by BrentR View Post
    Be careful you might be inviting rain water to get into your bilge area around your fuel tank and your batteries and battery charger if you have one in your bilge area...Just a thought
    Where do you think the rain water from the floor drain drains too? In the bilge under the fuel tank and batteries. Most battery compartment lids on tins arent sealed too well anyway im sure some rain water would leak by anyways.

Back on topic i have the vents and what little i use the livewell they do help. I also like that it allows the livewell to vent so its not so scummy inside if some water is leftover.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Where do you think the rain water from the floor drain drains too? In the bilge under the fuel tank and batteries. Most battery compartment lids on tins arent sealed too well anyway im sure some rain water would leak by anyways.

Back on topic i have the vents and what little i use the livewell they do help. I also like that it allows the livewell to vent so its not so scummy inside if some water is leftover.

It was just a thought. I was not trying to be a smart azz. It's one thing to go under something and another to go over something...I tell you what just forget i said anything. I keep forgetting that you are the only one around here that can have a opinion.

It was just a thought. I was not trying to be a smart azz. It's one thing to go under something and another to go over something...I tell you what just forget i said anything. I keep forgetting that you are the only one around here that can have a opinion.
    Just posting a thought on my end too. Also not intending to be a smartass. Ill use more smiley faces next time so i dont offend you.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Drill new holes

This is a pretty good idea i always prop that lid open when the boat is home but after a hot summer trip you open it up and its pretty hot under there.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Just posting a thought on my end too. Also not intending to be a smartass. Ill use more smiley faces next time so i dont offend you.

Don't try and crawfish. And you know what you can do with your smiley faces. You knock other people and their opinions all the time. Enough is enough.

18. Member
    Hey guys! We have the V-T2 vents on sale until Monday, June 26th. It is our BBC appreciation sale with 25% off and only $5 shipping. Use discount code: BBC

To purchase, click here!

Also, we do have anglers install them in their back compartments to let the gas fumes out and they work great there too. Yes, they will allow a small amount of water in there, but it is no where near the volume of your back splash if you set your boat down fast.

Here is where the sale is listed on BBC. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=823075

Don't try and crawfish. And you know what you can do with your smiley faces. You knock other people and their opinions all the time. Enough is enough.
    So Glenn says hes going to put the vents on his bilge. Then you say watch out you may get rain water in there as to possibly cause damage and because i say where do you think the water from the drain goes and point out to the bilge Im the bad guy. Sure makes sense to me. Sorry if i dont agree with your thinking.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Team V-T2 View Post
    Hey guys! We have the V-T2 vents on sale until Monday, June 26th. It is our BBC appreciation sale with 25% off and only $5 shipping. Use discount code: BBC

To purchase, click here!

Also, we do have anglers install them in their back compartments to let the gas fumes out and they work great there too. Yes, they will allow a small amount of water in there, but it is no where near the volume of your back splash if you set your boat down fast.

Here is where the sale is listed on BBC. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=823075
    Cool to know alot of guys use them to vent the bilge as well. I may be looking i to another set for that thanks for posting.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast