Thread: Rainy Lake

Rainy Lake

Thinking of making a trek to fish for 3-4 days on Rainy Lake.... Any advice from you guys on where to stay, when to come, etc???? Thanks in advance.. Also, if not Rainy Lake where would you recommend for the best smallmouth fishing trip....

I just got back from Rainy last Friday. Lots of big fish were on beds in Ash and Paddy. Fish were still prespawn pattern and on jerkbait a around Woodchuck.

i stay at LaBelles. Great place and super nice cabins just wish it was closer to where we fish.

If if willing to sleep in a more rustic place look up the number for Little Canoe.

PM me directly for more info.

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Are you wanting the US or Canadian side to stay? Late May and all of June is good fishing for smallies.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info... Probably stay on US side...
    Is there a Hilton brand hotel anywhere close? I travel for a living so I have points that would provide free stay...
    When does fishing slow down?

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Rainy Lake Hilton...Right next to Smallie Point...lol

6. Member
    Thought it was worth asking... Can't ever beat the price of free.... I didn't figure that it would be easy!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ledgeman View Post
    Thanks for the info... Probably stay on US side...
    Is there a Hilton brand hotel anywhere close? I travel for a living so I have points that would provide free stay...
    When does fishing slow down?
    https://www.fairlyreliable.com/guiding---lodging-rates

When I was there I actually stayed at a nice lake house up the road we got off of VRBO. But we went over to Woody's a few times to hang out at the bar. They let us look at the rooms which seemed fine.