Triton 18TrX Thoughts

Any reviews, thoughts on the a 2017 Triton 18 TrX dual axle 200 hp? Thinking about getting into something new and curious triton owner thoughts. Coming from a 99 Champ 186 SCDC. Big things for me in new boat ROOM. My champ is narrow, looking for a wider boat.
    1999 Champion 186 SC/DC Tournament
    1999 Mercury EFI 150hp

2. Member
    I have a 2016 and can tell you the front deck is huge for this size boat. Its 7" wider at the seat post than my previous boat (2013 skeeter). I can fit all my tackle in the center box in the TRX and with the skeeter I had to use the center box and port rod locker.
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Looked at one today , very nice boat .

4. Member
    My fishing buddy has a 07 TR21X and would rather fish out of mine than his . He loves to drive it and says it handles like a go cart . Im still making small adjustments to get all I can out of it and the higher I go with my motor the easier it is to drive . Just my opinion but I think its the best bang for your buck .
    2B230671

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLINDHAWG View Post
    My fishing buddy has a 07 TR21X and would rather fish out of mine than his . He loves to drive it and says it handles like a go cart . Im still making small adjustments to get all I can out of it and the higher I go with my motor the easier it is to drive . Just my opinion but I think its the best bang for your buck .
    You have the 200? Any chine walk? How it handle rougher water?...I am interested..as I said length isn't as much of a factor as width for me..
    1999 Champion 186 SC/DC Tournament
    1999 Mercury EFI 150hp

6. Member
    Yes I have the 200 Pro XS . Upper 60s now (2 people) and will chine but its nothing that you can't correct with a bump of the steering wheel . When I first got the boat it was a nightmare to drive but it has gotten way better the higher I go with the jackplate .
    2B230671

7. Member
    Don't quote me but I think I have read that any boat with a "go fast hull" will chine . Working with the jackplate and seat time and you will not think twice about the chine .
    2B230671

8. Member
    I was checking it out when I bought my 20TRX. Interesting to see how guys utilize the wide open center compartment without any type of Plano style compartments/dividers. Seemed like it was more of a PFD and random stuff compartment. Gorgeous boat non the less.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    I was checking it out when I bought my 20TRX. Interesting to see how guys utilize the wide open center compartment without any type of Plano style compartments/dividers. Seemed like it was more of a PFD and random stuff compartment. Gorgeous boat non the less.
    I think it's a great looking boat but I wondered the same thing. My 186 doesn't have much in there to hold stuff in place and it's always sliding forward to bear to reach. The TRX 18 though has a much wider hatch so it's probably easier to reach stuff that does that. Still I'd like to see some organization built into it.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    I have the plano style boxes and the shoe box type boxes in my center compartment. They fit well you just have to figure out how to stack them
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

11. Member
    I don't carry a lot of tackle in my boat . A box of jigs , a box of shallow to deep crankbaits and a few jig trailers . I like to keep it simple so I can put most of my tackle behind the driver seat . I keep a couple of cheap life jackets and rainsuit in the nose of the middle compartment and the few plastics I have stay with in reach .
    2B230671

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I think it's a great looking boat but I wondered the same thing. My 186 doesn't have much in there to hold stuff in place and it's always sliding forward to bear to reach. The TRX 18 though has a much wider hatch so it's probably easier to reach stuff that does that. Still I'd like to see some organization built into it.
    I use one of the BPS utility box carrier canvas bags to hold 3700 series plano boxes. loaded up it doesn't slide around.

13. Member
    I stash my Plano boxes left to right across the widest part of the compartment (rear). Works out well and there's still a lot of room for bags of plastics and such ahead of them.