Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    I heard that Chris Conleys Demo 21SST is carbon fiber and Kevlar! The boat is purple green and black all gel
    Pictures please!!

Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    If I remember correctly an all Kevlar boat was a lot lighter than fiberglass , a guy in the club I was in way back had a all Kevlar Hydra sport bass boat that was crazy light compared to the straight fiberglass exact model ... I thought the reason was Kevlar was much stronger so they used less material and less resin that's where the weight savings was ... there was some issue about repairing it if need be or it wasn't repairable . ..
    Also I was told it was 4k to upgrade a new Bullet to carbon/Kevlar hull I think he said 150 lbs lighter. This info was from a dealer I talked to he seems to know he stuff .
    That does sound reasonable on all counts.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    Kevlar floats. Fiberglass sinks. Kevlar is lighter and stronger, and less layers gives equivalent strength.

4. Member
    Isnt Tims bullet all kevlar i thought there was only 2 of that model made.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    Isnt Tims bullet all kevlar i thought there was only 2 of that model made.
    Correct...2 for sure, maybe 3.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Interestingly enough, Miss GEICO Racing does not like using Kevlar in the race boat, Carbon Fiber they feel is much better. In a Bass boat though, your going to have to make a section that isn't carbon fiber for mounting internal transducers as they will not shoot through Carbon Fiber and would have to be externally mounted. Are we fishing or racing ? I know, I ask this of myself more and more frequently but for sure an argument could be made for Carbon Fiber based ONLY for the extreme added strength that can be achieved.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by esdbass View Post
    Interestingly enough, Miss GEICO Racing does not like using Kevlar in the race boat, Carbon Fiber they feel is much better. In a Bass boat though, your going to have to make a section that isn't carbon fiber for mounting internal transducers as they will not shoot through Carbon Fiber and would have to be externally mounted. Are we fishing or racing ? I know, I ask this of myself more and more frequently but for sure an argument could be made for Carbon Fiber based ONLY for the extreme added strength that can be achieved.
    very interesting, why won't they shoot through carbon?

8. Member
    Something to be careful about with carbon fiber is its a conductor. One nicked wire could cause a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    very interesting, why won't they shoot through carbon?
    Because it's like "metal", just like on an aluminum boat the transducers have to be externally mounted. By the way in my discussions with them at the shop, they hate Kevlar but have roll up roll of carbon fiber. That said, it's a race boat, not a bass boat and what the Miss Geico takes in regards to impact force at speed is incomprehensible compared to a bass boat. The cockpit of the boat is like the insides of a tank, nothing soft or cushy and the capsule is designed to survive high speed crashes. The Miss Geico team used to offer a service to other teams of inspecting and testing their safety capsules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12