Minn kota dirictional arrow

I have a 112 Minn Kota and the dirrectional arrow comes loose is anyone having this problem?

No, after taking my head apart the other day there is no way if it isn't broke it should not be getting loose, it's very latched in with barbs of plastic. Unless you mean loos as its sloppy. Then that's normal if the insides are not broken, there is a spring in side to hold tension up

3. Member
    Check the bottom housing where the screws are. All three of the plastic Screw mounts were severely cracked on my Fortrex 80. That caused the top head to be loose allowing the directional arrow to spin. Needed a new bottle housing. Never hit anything. Warranty shop thought the screws were overtightened. Good luck.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

I have four screws in mine just make sure to get them all, deploy the motor and take a look

5. Member
    I removed the top cap and the indicator had jumped off the index part withe spring, but the gears were all o.k but they are rathe loose in position do not see any broked parts, re indexed the arroe and put togethe all seems ok, just have to test in water tomorrow.

6. Member
    Where the lower head mounts on the shaft is 3 screws. Make sure the lower control box isn't broke at this mounting location.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Ohh I get it. Makes sense now.

8. Member
    Tested water and the position indicator does not work, removed the top of control box and have discovered that the post that holds the center gear in place was missing, it's supposed to be formed when the lower half is made. Must have been a defect. Minn kota sent me a new lower half and when taking things a part I also discovered that the pinion gear bearings were not in there race and had came ou of the race and fallen into the lower half I also notived that the shaft half colar has a gap and the o ring partically shows not sure if this is correct. I have sent photo's to minn kota and will call them Monday. I will try to attach photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    This is the other photo of the lower shaft gap

10. Member
    I think I have the photo at last
    Attached Images Attached Images