Thread: Lake Konawa

Lake Konawa

I love fishing down at Lake Konawa but it seriously needs some infrastructure upgrades. I know it's owned by OG&E and there's no ramp fee. Right now the dock at the only good ramp is an injury waiting to happen. It has several boards completely missing and many more just one step in the right place from breaking right on through. A little upgrade on the crappers would be nice also.

I was talking to a local fellow there and he was in agreement. He said that OG&E used to keep things up pretty good but there's been no maintenance at all the last few years. I also understand that the City of Konawa has neither the money nor the authority to maintain the lake. I would have no problem with paying a ramp fee to fish there. It would certainly be worth $4 or even $10 to put a boat on the lake. I'd be happy to buy a yearly permit like I used to at Bell Cow when I fished weekly. On the other hand, this idea may go over like a turd in the sugar bowl to everyone else that fishes there...I don't know.

Does anyone here know anything about the management of the lake? I wouldn't even know who to contact to make a suggestion.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Member
    I think the ODWC put the upgraded dock and crappers in at Sooner (OG&E owned), West ramp.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

3. Member
    I work in OG&E's corporate office. I will ask around and let you know what I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticslobra View Post
    I work in OG&E's corporate office. I will ask around and let you know what I can find out.
    Thanks.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Member
    Subscribed to see what OG&E says.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

I got a very nice PM from member Blind Hogg, who works for OG&E. He got the right people on the job and I'm happy to say that necessary repairs were accomplished. I fished at Konawa this past weekend and the big hole in the dock is fully repaired. THANK YOU!!!
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

That was fast!

8. Member
    How's the fishing on Konawa?

9. Member
    Sucks for the most part unless you can come across some schoolers. I went yesterday evening and water was 96. The good schooling should be a few weeks away.