Split screen zoom (9xsv)

Gents, I can't seem to figure out how to get a split screen zoom in 2d? Ideally I'd like to some 15-50fow on one third, full depth on one third and then DI on the last third of the screen. Is his possible? I can only seem to get one view of 2d at a time. Fishing suspect see Kokanee but want to watch for deeper lakers at the same time.
    Thanks a bunch!

2. Member
    Need a litter better idea of the model number. Maybe echomap CHIRP 93sv?

If that is what you have I not sure you can create the screen you want. I'm guessing some here but possibly create a new 2 panel combo screen. For the left panel see if you get an option for Split Zoom instead of just 2d.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 06-15-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Can you not do this from the custom screen feature. Set three vertical panels and designate one and two for 2d. Three for dv. Then make panel one 'active' and zoom in on it? This is just off top of my head. I may be able to look at it tomorrow late. Hopefully you will get your answer before then.

4. Member
    Sorry guys, for some reason my reply from a few days ago doesn't seem to have worked. Thanks for the suggestions, though that is what I have tried doing. When building a custom combination the unit only allows you to select one 2d screen... So you need to pick either zoomed or not on that single screen. It is a echomap chirp 93svbtw

5. Member
    Sorry it won't allow such. I am using 93sv chirp also and mostly have a custom combination displayed. I did not realize we are limited to one display of each element.

6. Member
    Yeah that sucks, my old lowrance could do it, quite surprised that the Garmin won't. Super handy to zoom in on the 20-60fow zone when trolling Kokanee but always nice to keep an eye a bit deeper when fishing 120fow. I'm going to try the a-scope but guessing it will only display the same range as what 2d is set up for.

7. Member
    What's your guys Favorite custom combination(s)? I'm Still getting used to this new unit but like 3 vertical panels with mapping, 2d and DI, or sometimes just mapping and 2d as recently I've mostly been looking for suspended fish and not so much on bottom detail.

8. Member
    You should be able to do this but set it up as two panels. For one select split/zoom and the other dv.

Quote Originally Posted by The Force View Post
    Gents, I can't seem to figure out how to get a split screen zoom in 2d? Ideally I'd like to some 15-50fow on one third, full depth on one third and then DI on the last third of the screen. Is his possible? I can only seem to get one view of 2d at a time. Fishing suspect see Kokanee but want to watch for deeper lakers at the same time.
    Thanks a bunch!
    In order to show Split Zoom and ClearVu in a combo, create a new 2-way split combo and select Split Zoom and ClearVu functions. Then resize the combo so the zoom & non zoomed Traditional sonar and ClearVu take up 1/3 of the screen each.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Member
    I didnt realize that "split zoom" was a separate option. Looks like this would work for what you want to do.

20JUN17_1254_01.jpg
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

11. Member
    I run my 1040xs like Larry has above but with panoptic across the top. I really like having the 2d and do side by side to help distinguish fish and structure close to the bottom.

12. Member
    Sort that should have been "2d and di"

13. Member
    I'll try to get on the simulator and play around tonight. I have the gt52-hw transducer (not the clearvu) if that makes a difference (and haven't done any software updates).

14. Member
    Have to play with it some myself. As far as how I normally display on custom, I have sv across the full width top half, then dv and 2d equally split in the lower half. Have a couple of other setups ups also, but this is the main one I use.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Force View Post
    I'll try to get on the simulator and play around tonight. I have the gt52-hw transducer (not the clearvu) if that makes a difference (and haven't done any software updates).
    You really should up-date. Lots of fixes over the last few months. Maybe more depending on how old your unit is.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....