Locker bar in an X19

When I start traveling to fish, I would like to have a locker bar to help secure the boat. Is it possible to install one? If you have, is there any tips that would help or any pit falls to avoid?
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

2. Member
    I have not installed one before. But knowing how they do on fiberglass bass boats, and having owned MANY fiberglass bass boats, I don't see how I could install one on my 2008 X19. This is due to the fact that the place you install the Loc-R-bar base. On a fiberglass boat, the bolts are going back inside the boat and accessed by going inside your rod locker and looking upward into the gunwale. On my 2008 X19, that same spot is technically the hull of the boat with just carpet over it on the inside. So 'yes' you could install it right there, BUT you will have exposed bolt/nuts on the outside of your boat ..... and then all a thief would have to do is unscrew the bolt/nut. Thus I don't see it working on my boat.

I'm pretty sure all Xpress' are this way ...... but I'm going to throw this out there ......"your mileage may vary from mine"
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

3. Member
    You could possibly epoxy them instead of bolting. Not sure how strong it would be though.

I was thinking about going in to the gunnels with out using the cups or using tamper resistant sheet metal screws to hold the cups in. The bar would be up off the deck a few inches. If there is enough bar, it could possibly be bent to get close to the deck. I will get a few pictures showing my thoughts on this. I think I've studied on this way more than I should have!
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Here is what I found out about installing locker bars. Finally got to call the factory and this is what they recommend. They said to make brackets out of stainless angle and bolt it through the deck using security hardware and double lock nuts. I was also told "do not drill the gunnels". Apparently they are support structures for the boat. Who new!
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

6. Member
    I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they are going to start making them for aluminum boats
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO