Helix 9 Help Needed

Currently, I am running (2) Lowrance HDS 12's at the console and (1) HDS 12 at the bow. I am purchasing (2) Humminbird Helix 9 part #409920-1 to run the LakeMaster+ card because the mapping is far superior than the Navionics Platinum that I have on my Lowrance units. Since I have always ran Lowrance, I have a few questions:

1. Can I run a network cable and connect the two Helix 9's together and share waypoints?

2. Can I share the same LakeMaster card between the two units or will I need a card in each unit?

Thanks for the help!!
    2016 Legend V20
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Touch 12's on Precision Sonar Dual Mounting System
    Twin 8' Blades
    NightFishion Extreme Rub Rail System

2. Member
    Yes you can network with just an Ethernet cable.

Youll need an ethernet switch if you add something else to the network , like iPilot Link or another head unit, etc....

Maps don't share on the Helix, you'll need a map card for each unit.
    Dont know if the gen2 chirp Helix units share maps, ask Humminbird.

It pays to shop around, I got significant discounts on my electronics and tm. Saved $40 on the ethernet switch alone....
    2016 Tracker ProTeam 195 TXW
    Mercury 150 L EFI 4-stroke
    Twin Helix 9 SI GPS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 w/iPilot Link
    Easy Step

Quote Originally Posted by Gliderpilot166 View Post
    Yes you can network with just an Ethernet cable.

Youll need an ethernet switch if you add something else to the network , like iPilot Link or another head unit, etc....

Maps don't share on the Helix, you'll need a map card for each unit.
    Dont know if the gen2 chirp Helix units share maps, ask Humminbird.

It pays to shop around, I got significant discounts on my electronics and tm. Saved $40 on the ethernet switch alone....
    Thank you so much for the info. If they are connected with the Ethernet cable, I assume they will share waypoints, correct? I know that is a stupid question but have never setup units this way as I have always had NMEA in all my boats. Thanks again!
    2016 Legend V20
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Touch 12's on Precision Sonar Dual Mounting System
    Twin 8' Blades
    NightFishion Extreme Rub Rail System

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Helix (any) don't share maps, all other technologies can be shared between them including way points.

Any Chirp model Helix will need Chirp turned off to share with a non Chirp Helix.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/