Livewell drain plug

I have one large livewell with the divider. The drain plug is 5/8". The boat originally came with just a tapered rubber plug but it kept coming out. I then bought a flip over style drain plug. The problem that I have now is that the culling clips are getting tangled around the handle of the drain plug. When the fish move they flip the handle and I lose all the water when I'm on plane running. What is everyone else using to plug the live well drain?

I like the originals and just replaced them with these.

http://www.iboats.com/Air-Chamber-Pl...view_id.166854

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    I have one large livewell with the divider. The drain plug is 5/8". The boat originally came with just a tapered rubber plug but it kept coming out. I then bought a flip over style drain plug. The problem that I have now is that the culling clips are getting tangled around the handle of the drain plug. When the fish move they flip the handle and I lose all the water when I'm on plane running. What is everyone else using to plug the live well drain?
    I have been using a piece of 5/8" o.d. PEX tubing pushed into the drain hole and left tall enough to act as a drain overflow if necessary. Been doing this for at least 10 years.

4. Member
    Do you have a pic of your pex setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    Do you have a pic of your pex setup?
    No, but if you find any PVC, Croslinked polyrthelene, ABS that will snugly fit down inside the drain hole, it'll work. Leave it long enough to keep enough water in well and act as an overflow. Just pull them at the end of the fishing day so wells will drain.