Thread: 360 user

360 user

Can you post some screen shots of bass you've found on your 360? Thanks!

Here is a couple pics from a few days ago. The bass with the Jack Hammer in its mouth was hanging out in the middle of white streaks and dots The second pic when zoomed in displays fish in between water spots and text messages.

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Bass is in the yellow circle, the red circles is a shad school that split:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks!

5. Member
    Hey Wayne.... I recently purchased a helix 12 mega and a transom mount 360. In deep water (when the fish are visible in the water column) it is absolutely incredible. But I'm struggling to see fish or schools of shad when I'm scanning shallow water. Basically if the fish isn't in the water column it's really hard to see. I've tried to lower the sensitivity and increase the contrast but it's still not as good as some of your images. Do you have any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    Hey Wayne.... I recently purchased a helix 12 mega and a transom mount 360. In deep water (when the fish are visible in the water column) it is absolutely incredible. But I'm struggling to see fish or schools of shad when I'm scanning shallow water. Basically if the fish isn't in the water column it's really hard to see. I've tried to lower the sensitivity and increase the contrast but it's still not as good as some of your images. Do you have any tips?

I just set the Sensitivity to have a dark enough bottom that the light fish returns are not blended in. Same as I do with Side Imaging. 360 is Side Imaging that rotates.

Last edited by Wayne P.; 06-18-2017 at 07:17 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I've seen that response from you on other threads and I have definitely tried to lower the sensitivity to achieve the darker bottom. It's still really hard to distinguish fish. I can typically see shadows but I can't see the fish that is making them. I'm not giving up tho... I'll keep trying. It's so good in deep water I have confidence it will work once I spend a little more time figuring it out.

One other question... I notice that some of your shots appear to come from a solix/onix. When I purchased the helix 12 mega I was lead to believe that it would produce the same quality image as the new solix/Onix due to the pixel count, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Does the solix/Onix series produce better images than the new helix mega units? Im talking about 360 images here..... I'm very happy with the side imaging on my helix mega.

Thanks for the help!

8. Member
    I have the Onix and 360 and have not figured out how to get good clarity on the screen. With the update and new colors it helped a little but I feel like I am still missing something. I am just the opposite as you Ridge Runner I was thinking of getting a Mega unit for the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    I've seen that response from you on other threads and I have definitely tried to lower the sensitivity to achieve the darker bottom. It's still really hard to distinguish fish. I can typically see shadows but I can't see the fish that is making them. I'm not giving up tho... I'll keep trying. It's so good in deep water I have confidence it will work once I spend a little more time figuring it out.

One other question... I notice that some of your shots appear to come from a solix/onix. When I purchased the helix 12 mega I was lead to believe that it would produce the same quality image as the new solix/Onix due to the pixel count, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Does the solix/Onix series produce better images than the new helix mega units? Im talking about 360 images here..... I'm very happy with the side imaging on my helix mega.

Thanks for the help!
    The 360 is an Ethernet accessory. Its electrical connections to the display is the same for all units. Any difference in image quality is the display resolution and the settings you use. The frequency is the same with any model.
    The SOLIX 12 and Helix 12 have the same display. The adjustment menus are different.

I first used the 360 with a 1198c SI Combo and then got the ONIX 10 SI NT because of the higher pixel density---same display size but sharper images. I then replaced the ONIX with the Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS for the larger display with an even higher pixel density--bigger and better.

I have only used the 360 with the SOLIX 12 SI for a day and due to the smaller rendition of 360, I prefer the Helix.
    The FRONT view that I use is full screen left to right with the Helix and about 1" less on the left and right with the SOLIX--I prefer BIGGER.
    The 1198 and ONIX has full screen width using the Front setting.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Thanks again Wayne... I know you hear it all the but I appreciate all the help and advice you give out on this forum.